43 - Wild, Wild Pussycats

The morning of the trip, the entire class had collected in front of U.A high, each dressed neatly in their uniforms with a suitcase in hand.

Chatter was high between everyone, except between a certain pair.

"Hey, about Friday-" Kaminari began, approaching you.

"It's fine, Kaminari-kun," you sighed. "Just drop it."

"But-" the boy attempted once more, only to be shut down by your icy cold glare. "Right, sorry."

While you usually would've sighed in response, gently laying an arm on his shoulder or patting his back for reassurance, your eyes remained rigidly cold this time.

No sign of their usual warmth was present in your eyes anymore, your unusually animated facial expressions returning to their cold stare that you were seen wearing at the beginning of the school year.

"Alright, now that all of you are here," Aizawa droned, pulling out a piece of paper. "Here are your assigned seats. Kaminari and Y/N, back of the bus."

You stood in shock while the man continued reading out the arrangements. Out of all the things that could've gone wrong on this trip, this certainly had to be the worst.

Pursing your lips you walked in, loading your luggage before taking your seat.

"I'm gonna sleep, so unless you're speaking to me to wake me up, there's no need for interaction," you instructed coldly, watching the boy flinch at your harsh words.

"Always cold hearted," he laughed ruefully, eyes downcast.

"I believe the word is professional," you scoffed, plugging in earphones to listen to a playlist you'd made specifically for long road trips.

Kaminari took the window seat due to your generosity, it wasn't like you would bother staying awake to see the scenery anyways. So, the blonde watched the trees and buildings pass by, while you slept comfortably.

Though, your blissful sleep was all too soon interrupted by a sudden jerk as you halted in the middle of nowhere, the one thing stopping your face from hitting the chairs in front of you being Kaminari's hand on your shoulder.

"You alright?" He asked, eyes gleaming with worry.

"Yeah, thanks," you breathed out, gently pushing his hands off, noticing most of your classmates exiting the bus.

"Hope my shoulder was comfortable, it's numb now," Kaminari smirked, to which you froze instantly.

"Just let it go Kaminari-kun, we aren't friends and we'll never be anything more than just classmates," you hissed. "So let me live in peace."

"Y/N I-" Kaminari stumbled, though you interrupted it.

"It's L/N to you," you glared, getting your suitcase down. "Don't forget it."

With that, the entire class was gathered outside, luggage placed to the side as you attempted to get a good look at your surroundings.

"Sensei, why are we in the middle of nowhere?" Mineta asked, anxiety increasing.

"Oh, I didn't tell you?" Aizawa smirked.

"Eraserhead, is that you?" A high pitched voice trilled.

"Mandalay and Pixie Bob! Two of the Wild Wild Pussycats!" Midoriya squealed, instantly recognising them.

"Your training starts now, you'll be walking to camp," Aizawa finished.

"You should make it in about 3 hours," Mandalay shrugged, the ground suddenly collapsing beneath you.

Everyone gasped in shock, many using their quirks to change the trajectory. You did the same, unleashing a demon from within without any control.

"Good heavens," you sighed, the dragon gently bringing you down after it had coiled itself around you.

"Watch out for the dangers!" Pixie Bob chirped over the edge before leaving you all to your own devices.

"Is everyone alright?" Momo asked, worried for her classmates.

"Fine so far Yao-momo," you smiled in response. "But we should get going if we want to make it in time."

"Scout group?" Midoriya asked.

"We'll travel as one, we don't know the dangers in this forest," you sighed, eyes glowing golden as you put your hands together.

A second dragon appeared, this one blue unlike his twin who was orange.

"These two and Koda's animals scouting should suffice for now, we'll split up if necessary," you explained, sending the two off into the thick of the woods.

"Y/N are you sure? Your dragons-" Iida began, though you shrugged him off, silencing him.

"Bigger problems," Koda mumbled, a bird having informed him of a threat.

Loud rumbling could be heard from a distance, trees being pushed to the side as you all huddled together in fear.

"Be prepared!" Iida called out.

"A creature," Koda whispered, heading over to speak to the huge figure, only to end up angering it.

"I don't know what you said but it didn't work buddy!" You yelled, throwing in a surprised Kaminari to stun the creature, successfully killing it.

"It was made of dirt," Kaminari explained, wiping the mud off his hands.

"Dirt?" Midoriya questioned. "Pixie Bob's quirk! It's why a heat signature couldn't be recognised and why Koda couldn't communicate with it! It's lifeless!"

"I see," Iida replied as more giants walked out the woods. "So this is the test."

"Please it's just some mounds of dirt," Bakugo scoffed. "We'll be fine. Or at least I will, you extras might not."

You rolled your eyes at that, realising the robots had come to a halt and weren't planning on moving further.

"Well then," you smirked, readying your father's quirk. "This should be fun."

Multiple sounds were heard at once, Todoroki's eyes raging through the woods as Bakugo blasted his way into the skies. Iida starting his engine while you and Midoriya both jumped off, him aiming punches at the golems while you kicked them to smithereens.

The universal sound that was common across all areas however, was that of trees being pushed aside while rocks crashed to the ground.

"Kaminari-kun!" You heard Momo yell in worry, and for a brief second your focus wavered as you turned back to see the situation.

In that brief second, three things happened.

Kaminari's eyes met that of your own.

You were nearly punched by a golem.

Bakugo blasted said golem away.

"Heiress," Bakugo scoffed, turning to you, putting more stress on your name than he usually would.

"Sorry," you mumbled, though pushed past him instantly, the time for interaction between the two of you minimal.

A statue was crushed by you once more, its remains laying at your feet, Bakugo looking at you in shock.

"Are you alright?" You asked, shooting him a glance.

"Just fine Heiress, no need to get someone to supervise me yet," Bakugo snorted, to which you cracked a smile.

"If absolutely necessary, I'll supervise."

A/N: Kaminari angst is my comfort <33333333

QOTD: what do ya'll think the meaning behind the last sentence is?

QOTD pt 2: thoughts on the Kaminari Y/N tension so far?

Have a great day/night!!