Chapter 75

When I woke it was silent. Completely silent which hadn't happened in a very long time. I stretched my arm out for her but the sheet was cold, no sign of my woman.

Taking the opportunity I snuck in a workout. Half hour, heavy on the cardio, it helped me think.

Embracing the hot shower afterwards, the water droplets hitting my body and bouncing off in all directions, I fully submerged myself. Announcement was being made on Tuesday. I had four days to tell her. Not ask her or discuss but tell her. I knew I was in deep shit.

I found them outside so hung around by the door, drinking a nice strong coffee just watching my girls. Mila sat at the patio table reading a book, our baby in a carrier next to her. Her focus completely on whatever she was reading but every now and then she'd lean out and rock Emma or take a sip of tea from her cup. I couldn't believe what I'd done. This is where I want to be, wherever they are.

Lost in my despair but still looking at them, I was quickly rumbled by Mr Wiseman who had been led down next to Mila's feet, he came up and greeted me making my baby momma turn in her seat.

"Y/NN. There you are. We thought we'd let you sleep in."

"Thank you. Good morning." I bent down and kissed the top of her head before kneeling down to say good morning to Emma. She grasped my finger and gurgled in the sweetest way.

"Are you hungry baby? I'll fix you something."

"No, no, I'm good. I'll have a protein shake later." I sat in the chair opposite and welcomed the sun on my face. I just wanted to enjoy this quiet time together before I had to light the fuse.

"Are you cross with me?" She asked, leaving her chair for the sole purpose of sitting on my lap.

"No I'm not cross. I'm just tired."

"Hey, look at me." She demanded. I was nervous, could she see right through me? Her hand met my face and she pulled me to her stare. "I know this is hard baby and I am more sorry about last night than you even realise."

"Mila, you didn't do anything wrong, you fell asleep. You haven't stopped since Emma was born, I'm honestly not cross."

"Honestly?"

I laughed and kissed her gently, caressing her lower back and breathing her in like a drug.

"Honestly." I confirmed, loving the way she snuggled into me, wrapping herself around me so tight.

"You still want me like that right?"

She hid in my chest but I wasn't having that so I lifted her face up to mine with one finger under her chin.

"Where's that come from? You fell asleep on me remember?"

"I know, I know, I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry." I repositioned to sit her up so I could look at that face properly. "Tell me what's going on."

"I'm just worried."

"Uh huh, I'd guessed that part."

"I'm worried this whole set up isn't... I don't know. It's not sexy enough."

"Excuse me?" I felt a bit offended and couldn't stop my body from stiffening up in the chair.

"No! No! Not like that, I mean for you. You've been distant lately and I know the birth and taking care of Emma isn't exactly an aphrodisiac. It's not sexy and we've always been hot as fuck."

"Is this what that shirt change was about yesterday?"

"I just wanted to see it in your eyes. That dirty look you get when you stare at me and I know your thinking about me naked."