Chapter Thirty

Cam's POV

"Camila! The car is here."

"I'm coming Mami." I lied and turned the radio up. Y/N had an interview with some sports radio show this morning before our management meeting and I'd listened to nearly the whole thing.

Because of the interview Y/N had to leave early so I stayed at my house last night and I missed the basketball player terribly. We'd got really close over the last couple of weeks and I'd barely been home. I didn't want to lose the closeness, I know Y/NN wanted the same things I did, I just had to prove I'd stick around this time which wouldn't be hard. I was falling more in love with my baby Daddy every second and getting bigger everyday!

We were now kissing. At home and not in public of course but it was a massive step for
Y/N and I didn't want to go backwards. The kissing was incredible, those lips kissed every inch of my body almost every night and every morning. We hadn't moved further than oral but Y/NN had let me repeat the blow job even though the basketball player was more keen to touch me than the other way round. It was slow progress but we had time, if we weren't properly together by the time our baby had arrived it wouldn't be the end of the world. It's like I knew it would happen eventually, I trusted it and just wanted to enjoy the ride.

Reporter: So busy, busy year for you and now your staring down the barrel of your first playoffs. What are your hopes for next year?

Y/N: Well, it'll probably depend on the outcome of the playoffs but next year to me will be all about growth. As a player and a person.

Reporter: You do remain somewhat of a mystery. We have bursts of social media presence but you largely to tend to shy away. Is that a protection of your game d'you think?

Y/N: I think the whole celebrity game is of course distracting for anyone that's in it and for some that's the most important game. It's important to me to try to keep my ego in check and just focus on the basketball.

Reporter: The first love right?

Y/N: Yeah something like that.

Reporter: You've been seen with some woman Y/N and we're alll interested, it seems you have a type. I'm going to say names and I want you to say the first thing that comes into your head ok?

Y/N: Oh god!

Reporter: Lauren Jauregui

Y/N: Good friend

Reporter: Sofia Gomez.

Y/N: Loudest and sweetest Colombian ever!

Reporter: Camila Cabello

Y/N: Nothing but love for that girl.

"Camila! I'm leaving, I'll explain to Roger that you couldn't get your ass out of bed for the most important meeting of your life!"

Bloody mother!

Nothing but love? Nothing but love. The way those words made me feel was great but nothing compared to when the athlete said 'I love you.' I'd only gotten to hear it a handful of times before I fucked everything up but was desperate to hear it again. This was the closest I was going to get for now but at least it was public! Oh shit, it was public.

Grabbing my jacket and purse I rushed to the car and joined Mami. She'd been better since being back in LA. When I flew to Miami to tell my family I was pregnant, it had been hard, really hard. It was probably the first time I'd really stood up and fought for what I wanted not what would be best for my image or career. Her perception of Y/N was still marred by her fondness of gentle Shawn but I knew as soon as she made an effort to get to know the basketball star, she'd love Y/NN as much as Papi and I did.