Chapter Forty Four

A/N - Not proofread, I apologise for any errors but wanted to publish today.

It was dark but I wasn't particularly tired anymore, the headlights bobbing on the road like local stars kept me focused on driving but I knew I'd have to speak eventually, my girl wouldn't let me get away with anything less.

I kept glancing at her side profile, that jaw line and those cheekbones had me hooked and I wanted to kiss every part of her face, even her eyelashes.

"Papi? You ok?"

"I'm ok beautiful. I'm trying."

"I know you are." She moved closer in her seat, resting her arm on my shoulder so she could play with the hairs on the back of my neck. I found this so soothing and she seemed to love doing it.

"I love how Danny's so girl obsessed y'know, when I was growing up it was always made out that I got it from my dad but I can't have if Dan's the same right?"

Mila looked at me quizzically and shrugged, her eyes willing me to continue. Her fingernails gently scraping up and down my neck made me want to turn the car off and have her hold me but I don't want her to see how pathetic I am.

"By middle school every week I was coming home and telling Ma that I'd fallen in love with someone different and then, one day she just snapped. It wasn't like blame for what Dad did to her but like fear that I was turning into him I suppose but I was kid! Anyway, she made me promise and I don't even remember it being a big deal but somehow it stuck."

"What did she make you promise?" She asked quietly, I turned my head back to the road, I think she got that I couldn't look at her right now so she led her head on my shoulder and stared at the road with me.

It took me a while to get the words right in my head. It was funny because I didn't want to scare her off, yet here she was all over me with our baby in her tummy. These were definitely my issues.

"She told me that telling someone you love them isn't something you can just say, you have to feel it or it's meaningless and then becomes an insult. I promised I would only say it if I found the person that'd make me want to die for them, the person that I'd make a commitment to forever so I never said it. It scared the shit out of me, I could fuck and I did... a lot but I couldn't get emotionally involved, not just because of basketball but because I'd never met anyone I seriously wanted to make that commitment to. Until you."

"Oh Y/NN... I'm so sorry."

"Stop saying that, I'm not sorry. You still love me right?"

"Of course!"

"Then it's not over, it's not ruined babe. I think I've made you feel guilty too long. Three months late or not, baby or not, you came back. You did come back Cams and now it's just part of our story. Enough now."

She held my face with both hands and kissed me all over, it was a miracle I kept control of the car.

"Get us back quickly baby, I want you to make love to me before I sleep in your arms."

"That's even better than your dirty talk."

I kissed the top of her head and sped up, she fell asleep on route so my hopes for more sex were dashed or so I thought anyway. I chucked the keys at the valet and easily carried my girl out of the car to the back entrance of the hotel, I'd let them know I was on my way earlier but I still heard that click that made jaw clench as I carried her to the door. Completely unaware my girl snored softly in my arms, her head buried into my armpit.

Only waking when I went to place her on the bed, she got up and stumbled over to the bathroom. By the time she returned I was stood in my boxers and ready for a wee to be honest. Her warm arm snaked around me as she passed and placed a light kiss on my shoulder before getting into bed. God I loved her but should I tell her tonight? After everything that's been said?