Chapter fifty eight

"Baby, have you seen this?"

I opened my eyes and glanced up at her, the light from her phone illuminating that gorgeous face I loved. Having her next to me in our bed felt so right, I'd felt more relaxed now than I had the whole time she's been away.

"I haven't seen anything. We won, we were paraded around and then I left to take my girl home and violate her. How are you still awake?" I rolled over and rested my head on her shoulder, my arm hung round our baby bump.

"It's crazy! We may have gone a bit too public, we're everywhere."

I glanced at what she was reading. Oh good apparently we're America's sweethearts, at the very least though, I imagine Shawn's somewhat pissed off.

"It'll pass." I reassured, my fingers intwining with hers. "Although it does make me want to trap you and our baby in this house with me forever."

"Yeah, I think your gonna need to prepare yourself." Her fingers raked through my hair and she kissed the top of my head.

"Huh?"

"Our baby Y/NN, especially when she's first here, there's going to be a lot more interest in her after tonight now."

"In her? She's not gonna be able to do anything for months Cam, what could they possibly want?"

"Baby, our love story is public, not all of it but nonetheless they're gonna be interested because she's ours."

I sat my weary body up against the headboard and rubbed my eyes.

"I don't want it Cam's, I want our kid to grow up normal. We both asked for this attention on some level because of the careers we chose, our baby shouldn't have to suffer because of that."

"Babe." She held my chin and kept my face in line with hers. "You can't protect us all the time. Our kid will grow up normal just, our sort of normal."

"I'm not having her face all over the internet Cams and I'm not having her being used for a clothing line or anything. I don't want people able to spot her in a crowd, she ours. Mine and yours."

"Ok but look at this."

I read the article on her phone, it reduced our romance down to some shitty teen movie. I should never have sent a message to my girls over live TV but to be fair, I thought they were miles away. Sports star and sexy pop star have an affair, fall in love and find their happy ever after and we appear to have encouraged this attention at the game last night.

The pictures of Mila running into my arms, my game winning jersey slung over my shoulder as I prepared to catch her with tears in my eyes. Our kisses photographed from every angle while she had her legs wrapped around my waist, one of my hands on her ass supporting her up and the other one in her hair, keeping her face against my lips. The first kiss we'd had in weeks was shared with the entire country and yes, I'm complaining about it! Her gorgeous smile as she pushed me away and back onto the court, fuck I looked happy. I still couldn't shake the worrying feeling that everyone will now want a piece. A piece of us, a piece of my family.

"I get it, I do. Every teenage girls fantasy but it's not real Cam's. They think they get it but they can't feel it, it's all in their head and if anyone thinks my kids will be signing autographs at the age of five then they've got another thing coming."

"Kid'S?" She sat up, I could see the top of her firm ass, her defined back and curves tempting me. Looking at me over her shoulder she wore an expression I couldn't read.

"Yeah one day but that's not the point Mila, I want to know what you think."

"About what?"

"About how you want to go about raising our baby in this circus!"