Chapter 16

We had almost made it out of the lobby when a concierge grabbed my arm and told me I was expected backstage to present some stupid award. We argued for a bit, I mean I thought all my hard work was done and now I was being told by some teenager I had to do it all over again? Not a chance.

"Y/N." Sofia's hand pulled my face towards hers and I stopped shouting at the gawky frightened kid in front of me. "Take a deep breath Papi, it's going to be fine. Just another hour right? I'll be right here waiting for you, hurry back to me, I'm not done with you yet."

I kissed her, fuck it, she seemed so genuinely caring towards me, I couldn't help it. I didn't think she'd mind as her hands had been all over me tonight, she bit my bottom lip as I pulled away, a sudden darkness in her eyes.

"Thank you for calming me down." I stroked her hand with my thumb.

"Thank you for working me up." She scrunched her nose at me, god it was adorable. "Now go and come back."

I did as instructed and followed the twelve year old backstage where I had to wait for a ridiculously long and frustrating time. The waiting around really tested my patience, my jaw clenched and I did nothing to stop it. Leaning against the wall I tried not to dislodge any wires or crap and closed my eyes waiting for this hell to be over.

"Y/LN you'll be onstage in 10."

I raised my arm in acknowledgement but didn't open my eyes, I replayed the kiss I shared with Sofia trying to keep myself calm.

"Ah good Ms. Cabello, you'll be on in 10, if you wait over there you'll be instructed when it's time."

I'm on in ten, she's on in ten so that means we're on in ten. Okay my eyes are now open. She walked towards me, her hips swaying deliciously with every step, that body exactly the same as I remembered it.

"Do you know what's happening Camila? I'm so confused." Embarrassingly the panic could be heard in my voice but she laughed and put her hand on my chest, she must be able to feel my heart raging underneath my rib cage.

"I was meant to present with Justin but he didn't show up. They asked who I wanted and it was only you that came to mind." She didn't look away or appear shy like before, she just stared me down. It was fucking sexy but wrong, this isn't how it goes down anymore, I've worked really hard to get this girl out of my mind and I still wasn't fully there yet. I didn't have the strength, this was so unfair.

"That would explain why I had no clue about it then." I smiled and tried to convey how unbothered I was, I imagine she saw right through it.

"Look, Y/NN I-"

"Camila." My warning tone was back, she couldn't do this, not now, not after all this time.

"I was just going to say," she stepped towards me confidently, those big brown eyes peeking up towards my face. "You should take this off and carry it on your shoulder."

I was confused as she gripped the collar of my jacket and pulled it down my back freeing my arms, it was hot in LA, my white shirt had short sleeves that clung to my bicep.

"Don't take the piss, I don't need you to help me look stupid thank you, I can do that very well on my own."

She handed me my jacket and set about straightening my shirt, she was co close I could feel her sweet breath on my face as her delicate fingers smoothed the thin fabric over my body. She got to my arms and made eye contact as she squeezed my biceps and then up to my shoulders.

"You don't look stupid Y/NN, just really fucking hot. Seriously, keep the jacket off and you'll have a modelling contract before tomorrow."

I cleared my throat and tried to shimmy away from her touch before she felt my boner, she smirked clearly knowing what I was struggling with. My dick only misbehaved with her! What was that about?