Chapter Eleven

Y/N POV

The doorbell rang, I was going to kill him. Mike had only just left ten minutes ago, he knew I wouldn't finish packing otherwise. I was too busy mourning the loss of Camila Cabello.

I didn't want to go to Vegas, birthday or not I wasn't in the mood. That Texan weekend had blown my mind enough, especially the end. I'd hid downstairs in the bar while she spoke to her Mum who is actually quite scary when she wants to be. There was a hell of a lot of Spanish and I'm not sure what happened but Mila was alone and crying when I went back up. I held her until she slept and then watched her all night long. I couldn't help it, she was so beautiful and I didn't want to be the cause of her hurt so it was my way of saying goodbye.

Course I'm so addicted to her that I'd text a few times but barely got a reply. She was distancing herself after the intense weekend too, and I couldn't blame her but it sucked and I finally allowed myself to realise I missed her but she wasn't mine. I had to let her go, we were due to meet up in two weeks but I knew deep down she'd blow me off and not in the way I wanted.

Still, it was nice of Mike to arrange something for my birthday and I didn't want to let him down but I swear to god if he doesn't leave me alone soon, I won't be held accountable for my actions.

I opened the door but it wasn't him. Holy fuck. I couldn't speak I just stared her down wishing there were words.

"Can I come in?" Her eyes sparkled and I was right back where I started. I hated that she could do this to me so easily.

"Yeah, sure sorry." She wore a long button down grey coat that had a sash round the middle, I was dying to know what was underneath already. Her hair was down and beautifully wavy, little make up but she didn't need it. She had me right then and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I was completely at her mercy and just hoped she'd be gentle with me.

Her perfume wafted through as she made her way into the house. Just one sniff and I was transported back to Texas and those times I held her so close to me, that smell permeated my senses and made memories flash through my mind that instantly affected my cock.

"Sorry to just show up like this, your not busy are you?"

"No just packing. Do you want a drink?"

She nodded and followed me into the kitchen. Her eyes on me made me hot like the temperature in here had been risen to the levels of hell.

"I saw your game, very impressive. Were you channeling the Celtics game?"

I handed her the wine. Usually I'm desperate for girls to take an interest in my game but basketball was not what I wanted to discuss with this particular girl.

"If I can play like that once, I should aim to play that well every game. Some games it pays off, others it doesn't." I couldn't take my eyes off her as she drank half her glass. She was nervous, nervous around me and I didn't know if this was a good thing or not.

"Nothing to do with 12% girl then?" Her face said she couldn't give a shit but her eyes were darker than I'd ever seen them.

"How do you know about 12% girl?" I tried to smile cooly but inside I was losing it!

"Maybe the same way I know it's your birthday today or maybe you shouldn't tell my Dad stuff when he's drunk!"

I managed to smile through my panic. Does she know she's 12% girl? Has she worked it out?

"Yeah well, I'm not big on birthdays. Just another year closer to the end of my career."

She eyed me and finished all her wine in another long gulp.