Chapter Eighteen

It was dark but a real party atmosphere lit the room, along with the flashing LEDs of course. A surprising amount of men had never made it home to get changed and remained in their golf attire, Camila's dad being one of them.

I went straight to the bar and ordered a light beer for me and a shot of tequila for Ale who already looked like he didn't require it. That's how I knew he'd appreciate it.

"Two of those please." A voice from behind said confidently. I knew who it was instantly but after the rejection earlier, I didn't know wether to turn around or not.

The barman flipped over another shot glass and start filling it. Jesus, now I could smell her, not her perfume but like her smell. It was fucking heavenly. This is why I can't be trusted round her.

Moving a bit so she could reach her shot, I went to pick up my beer and our fingers brushed together, I felt like I'd been electrocuted. I should never have come here.

"Y/NN, do you think we could talk tonight?"

"You didn't seem to want to talk earlier."

"I did, it's just been so long and I'm really fucking nervous around you. I don't want to put us in a position like last time-"

And then the tension was gone, I chuckled quietly. Her bright beautiful smile made me laugh even louder and soon we were turning heads, unfortunately this included her mother and judging by that scowl, she really didn't like me.

"We can talk Cabello but later yeah? I can feel her eyes burning into my soul."

"You know your sat on our table right?" She started walking towards the patio, outside into the cool night air and I followed her, just to delay sitting at that table with Shawn and her mother.

"What? Seriously? Fucking Lauren!"

"No one stays in one place at these things. It's going to be fine Y/N."

"Yeah until your Mum gives Shawn a reason to punch my face in." I stared ahead at the fairy lights wrapped around each tree, the sea in the distance sparkling just as much.

"Shawn isn't here, you keep mentioning him but he's back on tour. Are you still with Sophie?"

"Yes I'm still with Sofia." I put my head down thinking about what an asshole I was, stringing that girl along.

"Lauren said she's your girlfriend now..."

"Cams..."

"No please let me just say this and then I'll leave you alone. I just never thought, even back then that if I left Shawn you'd want to give this, us a real go because your so against relationships, distractions and now... I don't know Y/N and it's none of my business but why?"

"Why what Cams?"

"Why her? Why does she get to be your girlfriend, the one you'd risk your career for?"

"I offered you all that and you still picked him Mila."

"You offered me nothing Y/N, you just said you couldn't do this anymore. You said it was too hard to watch me with him."

"And you said you couldn't leave him because you were tied into business and it would be too hard for you. What did you want Mila, for me to beg you to leave him and be my girlfriend instead? That's not how it works, I would have given everything to be able to call you mine but you didn't want it."

"That's so untrue, Jesus! I didn't even know it was a possibility, all I knew is you had to stop sleeping with me because of my relationship not that you actually wanted to be with me."