Chapter 42

God it was bright! Led flat on my back my hand came up to shield my eyes from the glaring sun as I tried to work out where I was. My mind foggy, it took a few minutes to remember what happened.

Sitting up I squinted at the tree house and remembered the unmistakable feeling of falling through the air. I looked around for my brother but no sign, grinning I rose to my feet feeling incredibly lucky. Not lucky for being ok after that drop but lucky I didn't have to explain to Danny where babies come from.

Dusting the dirt off my pants I could hear footsteps and thought my little brother was back but then Mila came hurtling towards me. I say hurtling, it was more like slow motion. Our baby was gonna be big and it was already upsetting the gorgeous woman's balance.

"What's wrong babe?" I asked, she mumbled something but buried her head in the crook of my neck.

Dan and my mother appeared from around the corner, how long had I been out? What had she done?"

"What did you say to her?" I spat at my Mother when she got closer, my girl still sobbing in my arms.

"Nothing!"

"Y/N I thought something had-" Cam's sniffled but that tear stained face pulled at my chest.

"It's ok baby. It doesn't matter, it doesn't matter what she thinks, we've got this remember."

"Y/N listen!" She pulled back from me and grabbed my shoulders. "Danny said you fell and weren't moving, we all panicked. Louise hasn't done anything, you need to apologise."

"What?" I challenged her, she looked cross but how was any of this my fault? I just fell out of a tree.

"Apologise to your mother."

Staring me down she didn't have to say another word, those brown eyes were trying to show me something and I got it. She wants me to take responsibility, ok here we go. Deep breath, god I fucking hate this already.

"You didn't deserve that from me. Sorry Ma."

"That's ok, you've done worse. Danny said you were dead so I imagine you were unconscious again?"

I nodded and remembered how many times my mother had picked me up off the floor over the years, some quite serious injuries but mostly just scrapes and bruises.

"Come on inside and we'll check you out. Oh and Y/NN, if you don't marry this woman I think I might." She laughed and headed back towards the house.

"Can I marry her too Ma?" Danny asked while quickstepping to keep up with her down the path.

"So just a few hours and my family like you more than me huh?" I used my thumb to wipe the remaining tears from her cheeks.

"It wasn't that hard." Her eyes lit up, she smiled briefly before biting that bottom lip. I put my hands on her ass and lifted her up, she gripped onto my shoulders in surprise before leaning down to meet my waiting lips. My tongue caressed hers as our mouths moved together slowly and sensually. I only pulled away because I felt like Sinu was here with her eyes on me.

"Come on, let's get out of here before my mother starts and it all turns to shit." Gently lowering her to the floor, I took her hand and kissed it but she playfully slapped me on the chest.

"The problem with you and your mother is your too similar. I love her, I think she's great."

"Joy! Just don't do anything stupid and invite her to stay or something. We have a yearly holiday, a yearly visit and I'm hoping Danny will come stay with us on one school holiday of his choice but that's it. You let them close and they just seize control."