Chapter 64

"Ma! Can you get the door!"

I'd just got out the shower and was drying myself after a little grooming session. I'd let myself go a bit, drinking, not exercising but today was different and begrudgingly I only had my mother to thank.

Today was the day I started at least trying to sort my life out. I'd turned my phone on, cleaned up and all before 7am, would seem I'm still not sleeping that well actually.

Most importantly though, I wrote a letter, I was planning on dropping it off this morning on the way to pick my brother up from the airport.

"Y/NN! Visitor!"

Yeah no shit!

I was trying but I couldn't honestly say my mood was stable yet. I couldn't believe it when I saw him. Bryant, Abrutzi, hell even Lauren but never Mike.

"What do you want?" I asked. He was sat in my kitchen having tea with my mother! Nah, I don't think so.

"Y/N..." Mother warned in that patronising voice I hate.

"I've come to see how your doing. No one's been able to get hold of you."

"Don't give me that crap Mike. I know it had to be you that told Mila about the custody agreement. You wanted to fuck up my life well good fucking job, doesn't mean you get to come round here and enjoy watching it."

"It has to be me? She didn't tell you? God you two are just the same!" He chuckled.

Even my mother looked concerned now, I could feel the rage boiling in me and I didn't want to stop it. It was nice, a different feeling to the heartbreak that had engulfed me since she left. I let it take over me and and lunged towards him.

"Don't you fucking talk about her ever again."

My mother stood up as I flew past and pulled him out of the chair by his collar. He didn't even looked surprised, it was like this was what he wanted all along.

"Go on then! Hit me! I fucking deserve it but I'm telling you now, after your done, I get my go. I may have fucked you over Y/NN but you fucked me over worse."

I lost my grip of him as the anger drained from my body. Another person disappointed in me. How is this a running theme in my life? I just stared at him.

"I had the tape. I took it when you'd passed out and I gave it back to Jessica when you decided we should all be judged on our mistakes. I told Camila about the custody arrangement and I've felt shit about it ever since."

"Mike I think you should go." My mother stood beside me. A cautious arm on my bicep, trying to ensure my rage receded.

"No Ma, he's clearly got more to say, let him say it. He's already ruined my life for his own enjoyment. I mean, he's come all the way here and where the fuck has he been all these months?"

"Where the fuck have I been? Where the fuck were you? When I needed you, where were you? You were meant to be my best fucking friend man! You didn't give a fuck, too wrapped up in your dick and chasing fucking pop stars. You say I let you down? You let me down worse. I was there when you got the shit kicked out of you and when she left you the first time but me? I had no one, no fucking one. Abrutzi gave me more fucking support than you so you maybe fucking angry and disappointed but so am I. Yeah I helped with the tape and I regret that but you treated me like shit and then had everything perfect, everything I fucking wanted with Lauren you got with Mila while I sat and watched my life fall to shit. I take responsibility for that and I am saying sorry, I'm sorry for what I called Mila, I'm fucking sorry for letting you down and not playing the finals with you and I'm sorry for the tape and the custody thing but I want a sorry too."