Chapter 31

Thank fuck that was over, I have never been so pleased to leave a meeting. If it wasn't for Bryant repetitively kicking me in the shin, I would have ripped the nose of Shawn's manager and fucking enjoyed it!

My poor girl looked exhausted, I just wanted to take her home and look after her but I didn't know the deal so I hung around outside the building talking to Bryant. He'd been amazing, it's like he knew everything that was going to happen and gave me pointers for when it steered in certain directions. He did all the hard work, I was just the mouthpiece.

She came up behind me and wrapped her arms around my waist, bold move being outside but I secretly loved it. I turned around and took her hand, lightly playing with her fingertips.

"Thank you for what you did in there, I'm just, I don't know what to say, you were amazing and I don't deserve you." She looked at me but wouldn't meet my eyes, she was tired and emotional.

"You deserve everything you've got Cams, the quicker you realise this the better because you don't need me with this stuff. You've always been kicking ass and ruling the world."

"Mami wants me to go back to mine tonight."

"Ok, that makes sense, heavy morning."

"Yeah."

"So, we've got the scan in a few weeks?" I didn't know what to say, I was disappointed. It's been really nice having her sleep in my arms these last few nights and I think today I proved to myself how much I was willing to fight for her. I could try and ignore it but it was getting to the point where the heartbreak seemed like a distant memory, all I had for her was love. My fear she'd take my baby and leave me for Shawn again was becoming more and more unlikely with every day and every decision that we made together.

"Stay with me tonight?" She said, looking up at me with those fucking eyes that made me do whatever she wanted. My first thought was hell no! Me, Cams and her mother having a snuggly night in? Never! But aw damn, that face and those eyes, if my kid inherited her features I was really screwed.

"Cams..." I tried to stall and think of a reason I couldn't stay at hers but there was nothing more I wanted than to be with her and my baby. It was the only place that felt right at the moment, even the basketball court didn't feel as homely as it once did.

"Please Y/N, I need you."

"You mean the baby needs me." I put my arm around her shoulder and kissed the top of her head.

"No, I need you. I mean yes the baby needs you but that's not why. I really struggled without you last night, I feel different when I have you close, it's like home wherever you are."

I stood no chance of keeping my distance, she wouldn't allow it. The only person that could make my heart race and my palms sweaty, the mother of my child.

"I'll do whatever you want Cams but I have practice later and a game tomorrow so I'll need to pick up some stuff and it can't be a late one. Are you sure you shouldn't ask your Mom if it's ok?"

"It's my house Y/NN plus, I think you impressed her earlier, she's cooking dinner."

"Should I be worried about her poisoning me?"

She giggled and leant up to kiss me which I happily returned, sure their breakup hadn't hit the press yet but it was as good as done. I was happy with how things were going at the moment but I could feel them speeding ahead and as much as I wanted to put the brakes on, I was constantly only a second away from asking her to move in with me or something stupid.

"Camila! The car is here!" Sinu shouts from the entrance.

"Y/N you ok? Your staring." She squeezed my arm with the most thoughtful look on her face.