Chapter 67

Knocking on her door felt familiar, too familiar and I hated it. I needed her home, she needed her space. I was over our argument, she wanted to rehash it in front of a stranger/therapist. We weren't seeing eye to eye exactly but I was getting to see her everyday so I couldn't complain. Whatever she needed, whatever I had to do to get my family back, I would do without complaint. Well, nearly.

"Hi Y/N, come in."

I stood expressionless for a second. Unsure of my next move, visually observing Sinu for a weapon before I nodded and walked in.

"Hey Mr Wiseman." I greeted my dog as he came padding up to me before jumping from the floor right up to my chest. He was a lunatic but so amazing, I missed him at home.

"Camila's in the bath, she'll be down in a minute. I made you something to eat, come."

I eyed her, she wouldn't poison me surely? Nah maybe not poison but a laxative was a possibility. Or extreme chilli heat.

"Sit. Eat and put that dog down, he's been terrorising me all day."

"Not you Mr Wiseman!" I put him down and gave him a pat. I'd sneak him some food once I knew it wasn't laced with something. "He won't come home, she's too nice to him."

"I know, she lets him sleep in the bed. He's annoyingly protective of her. I can't even put her tea down without him barking at me." She put the plate in front of me and sat. Great, she was gonna watch me eat.

Tentatively I put a small bit on my fork. It was good, tasted real good actually. If it was tainted with something, there's no way I'd be able to tell.

"Stop that, eat properly. If I was gonna kill you Y/NN, I'd use my hands."

"Funny." I said sarcastically. Although he'd beaten me to a pulp, I was always gonna be more afraid of Mila's mum than her Dad. Always.

"I'm really pleased with how you've been stepping up recently."

"Excuse me?" I couldn't tell if she was being sarcastic or not.

"The breakfast drop offs, the photo op, letting the dog- sorry Mr Wiseman stay. I didn't expect it is all I'm saying."

"It's the least I can do. I didn't try to be unsupportive but the things that happened... the things that happened were my responsibility. She's my responsibility and I let her down, she needs time and that's ok."

"There is one thing in this whole mess that concerns me more than anything."

"Just the one?" I finished my plate and smiled at her. Mr Wiseman jumping back on my lap looking for non existent scraps.

"The video I sent you from London that night, I'm sorry for that and I'm sorry if that contributed to you making awful decisions but you were single and taken advantage of. Now that Julie woman-"

"Judy." I confirmed. "I shouldn't have let her get that close to me."

"You cannot be blamed for other women's actions towards you Y/N. Camila needs to learn to trust you but she's pregnant and emotional, she's not seeing things clearly. You wouldn't have any form of relationship in case it had an impact on your career, do I think someone like that would sleep with their bosses wife? No I don't and she doesn't either. What really concerns me is the fact that you'd be happy to take my grandbaby away from her mother."

Staring me down, I stared back at her for what felt like the longest time. Mr Wiseman's eyes darting between us, he had no clue what was going on and started trembling in my arms. Her stare could even affect dogs.

"I grew up with just one parent, I'd never force that on my child. It wasn't a full custody agreement I had drawn up, it was quite in depth yeah but all I wanted was guaranteed time Sinu, in case she left and went back to Shawn. I kept thinking about them raising my kid and all the stuff he'd get to do that I wouldn't. I'm not that person, I couldn't let them take my kid. I hadn't even thought about the agreement for months but again, I take full responsibility."