Chapter 68

I'd rocked up at Mila's a few days later and found a note and a key. I was seriously sick of this door. I needed her home.

Y/NN - Let yourself in, she's miserable and refusing to get out of bed. I'm meeting your Mother and Danny, we'll see you back at yours tonight.

Sinu x

Yeah if I can get her out of bed. Still, it'd give me an excuse to skip the viewing. My interview airs tonight and mother seems to have got a bit excited. She's invited everyone including Mike and Lauren. I didn't understand it, they get to see me all the time, why on earth would they want to watch me on telly?

"Babe? I got your weird ass burrito thing you requested." I shouted up the stairs and dutifully waited a reply but only got Mr Wiseman scratching at the door trying to get to me. He jumped up as soon as I walked into the bedroom but was instantly more concerned by my baby mama, led on the bed tears streaming down that gorgeous face.

"Hey." I said quietly, putting the bag down and getting closer to her. "Don't cry beautiful. It's all gonna be ok."

"Will she ever come out?"

"Aw Mila babe, come here." I shuffled onto the bed and bought my arms around her so she could lie on my chest. "It is going to happen babe. This will be over for you real soon y'hear me? She doesn't want to leave cause you've made her so comfy and happy in there babe."

"You think so?" She sniffed and I wiped the tears from her cheek.

"Yeah I know so Mami. Look how you have me turning up at your door everyday, Mr Wiseman met you and never left and our baby loves you. You keep her warm and safe, she just doesn't wanna let go yet but she will Mila."

"Thank you." She whispered, her tiny hands gripping onto my t-shirt as I led there stroking the bare skin on her shoulder. There was nothing better than this, just us alone and together. "Can I have my food now? Did you get extra chilli?"

"Yes babe." I smiled and kissed her, passing her over the burrito. "Love how your trying to burn our baby out of you."

"You heard him! Spicy foods!"

"Yeah ok, slow down!" I laughed although I couldn't help but think about the other tips the doctor gave us but they hadn't been discussed yet. "D'you wanna take Mr Wiseman out for his walk with me?"

"Y/NN it's so hot outside, I'm going to yours later anyway, that'll be all my energy gone."

"You don't have to come to mine. I can stay here with you, we'll order in. Spicy stuff of course!"

"No everyone's really excited. I'm really excited, your first big interview as champion."

"Yeah but it's nothing special and I hate the thought of us all crowded round watching me awkwardly answer questions."

"Awww baby, are you nervous?"

"No! I just think it's pointless, this is all for the public and my image so it means nothing. My families judgement on it though, I dunno I just feel really....."

"Exposed?"

"Yeah. Sorry I forgot this is like, y'know, what you do all the time."

"You'll get used to it babe. Listen to me, your family, my mother included, are just proud of you Y/NN. They don't want to judge you, they want to celebrate you."

"Every time I have to do a shitty interview? It's not real is it and even they're buying into it."

"What's wrong with you? You said when you filmed it, it went fine. Why the sudden dread?"