Chapter Forty Six

"Me lady." I held the door of my car open for her, she took my hand and kissed me on the cheek. Walking up to the impressive house, I kept her fingers linked in mine, my thumb stroking the back of her soft hand.

Knocking we waited for an answer, she pecked my lips quickly and cupped my cheek.

"Your girls love you Y/N Y/LN." She wrapped herself around my arm while we waited. I felt amazing, the way she leant against me, her fingers clasping my own with determined strength. I had to tell her soon, I was bursting with love for her, the woman who gave me a family.

"Hey you made it." Mr Abrutzi led us in, whiskey in hand. The house was just as big as mine but not as modern, more homely and warm with little trinkets everywhere.

"Yeah sorry we're late, turned into a bit of a busy evening."

"Not a problem. Mila you look lovely as always, I have spoken to my girls but they are very excited so I apologise in advance."

We followed him through to a large dining room where there seemed to be at least four teenagers, three of them girls and looking at Mila like she was god. It made me smile, my girl was so special and loved by so many people and she wanted me.

"Y/NN, Mila, this is my wife Judy and four of our six, the other two are grown so we've managed to get rid of them already."

We exchanged pleasantries and sat next to each other, it wasn't long before Mila was harassed but one of the girls hung back, I only noticed because she spent most of the time glaring at me.

"Girls come on, I'm sure she's signed everything you own by now, let the poor woman breathe!" Judy gave strict instructions as she placed the food out on the table, Mr Abrutzi returned with a whiskey for me and a lemonade for Mila.

It was a strange but pleasant evening. All the girls chattering away and Mr Abrtuzi's son James was a nice, quiet lad. He was clearly in awe of my girl but not the type to do anything about it so I let him look.

"So how are you feeling Y/NN? Not far to go now, I hope my husband isn't putting as much pressure on you as he is on himself."

"No ma'am, as a team we're very together and supported, looking forward to the last few hurdles."

"Don't give me that Y/NN, I've lived with this basketball obsessed man for thirty years!"

"Then in all honesty ma'am, I'm completely terrified."

Everyone laughed but my girl who smiled at me shyly and squeezed my hand under the table. She was nervous for me, it was so sweet.

"I've told you Judy, I've cleared a space for the trophy. I look at this team and it's there, that spark, the drive. We will be in the finals."

"I agree, I think hands down the Lakers have the best chance this year. I'm a little bit biased though." Mila explained, her eyes glancing toward me.

"You really like basketball?" Sandra, the teenager who had spent all evening glaring at me, finally found the courage to speak to the famous singer at the dinner table.

"Yeah always have. My Dad's a big fan so I grew up with it."

Sandra nodded and went back to her dinner, I looked at Mila as if to say 'what the fuck?' But she shrugged, encouragingly smiled at Sandra and continued to eat.

I'd finished my meal and picked at the plate when I looked around and suddenly had an awful feeling. These girls are probably lovely but as I watch them crowd round Mila and get lost in conversations I didn't even understand, I couldn't help but think about my daughter. What the fuck am I going to talk to her about? I mean I talk to her about everything at the moment but what happens when she starts talking back? Right now she's just something to look forward too, an idea, a physical representation of how Mila and I feel about each other but what happens when she's real?