Chapter Thirty Seven

Not exactly how I envisaged it but I was on the plane ready to fly to New York, Mila wasn't with me but was at least still coming as far as I knew.

It had been really strained and stressful between us the last few days, once the pictures of Lauren and I hit the internet, I couldn't do anything right.

It didn't even enter my head that someone would take a picture of us shopping, let alone that one photo of us coming out of her house that would spin some crazy ass rumours. It was inconsequential to me, I didn't look at them, I paid Bryant to sort my image so I could just live and be myself. Easier to do before I kept landing my ass in trouble with these famous girls. It did however matter to my girlfriend, a lot apparently.

I'd gotten home one day last week to find Mila and Lauren arguing so I tried to step in and ease it but just made it worse. I did understand Cams' issue, the pictures had been posted online so naturally rumours that Lauren was pregnant with my baby surfaced, rumours that I had knocked them both up caused an awkward midnight phone call from my mother. The rumour that Lauren and I had just been out shopping for Camila's baby was the most accurate but also pitched us as romantically involved.

I tried to talk to Cam about it but she pushed me away, she'd even stayed at hers for the last few nights. I don't know what her problem is to be fair, it was all just speculation and she knew nothing was going on with Lauren and I, hell it was her idea to have her to stay. After all the arguing Lauren thought it best if she went back home anyway. I was cross at Camila for that, making her feel so uncomfortable in our house that she went back to her own.

My patience was wearing thin to be honest. The more she pushed me away the less I chased after her and just enjoyed the quiet time. It's not that I didn't care that she was upset with me, more that she made such a big deal about things that didn't really matter, I had to sift through what was worth my energy and this argument wasn't.

I couldn't be sorry, all I'd done is pop to the shops with a friend and she of all people should understand this. Now I think my pregnant girl is full of hormones and being unreasonable but what I've learnt is, you cannot tell them this.

Mad was not the word, my girl went from that sweet and sexy woman I loved to a whirling demon full of aggressive energy, all in the time it took me to open my mouth.

Lauren and I were accused of sleeping together since she'd been staying with us, I was told I was only interested in the baby and didn't love her anyway so what was the point. I stepped in when she accused Lauren of orchestrating this whole thing to split us up and that really cemented the argument. Apparently I'd picked a side and could fuck off, when I told her I wasn't leaving my house she took her purse and my car. I've seen neither of them since.

I rang her last night and shockingly she answered. I wanted to know if she was still planning on coming, I tried to play it cool like it didn't matter but knew I'd get a whole tirade of abuse from my mother if she didn't. In a very plain manner Cam's explained that she still intended on making the trip but wanted me to know it wasn't for my benefit!

Whatever.

Maybe Lauren was right, when I was with Mila before, I loved her so much that in my mind, nothing was ever her fault. I'd let her walk all over me... and she did. Maybe my love for her was bigger now but I was just more prepared for her to leave this time. I found it so hard to let her go and had no real opportunity to get over her before she came back, it had hurt so much and that was before there was a child in the equation. I went of the rails bad enough then, what would happen to me if the pain I'd felt before increased ten fold because it wasn't just her I'd be losing?

"Head in the game Y/LN? You look focused."

"Yes sir." I lied. He was on his way to the toilet and our interaction was brief but it was enough to shit me up. My mind wasn't on the game at all and this was another thing that pissed me off. After I'd found out about my daughter I was on fire, unstoppable like the ball took control of me and just used my arm to get in the net over and over again, even from the midcourt line. Now it didn't feel like that, I couldn't blame it all on my personal life, my season was epic and we were coming to the end and I was tired. It was just the extra stress on top of me, it's like I could physically feel it on my back and arms when I played. Mila was always in my mind on the court, that wasn't a new development but now we were clearly no longer in the 'honeymoon' phase, it was impacting my game in a negative way. I could feel it but hoped it wasn't noticeable. No one from the team had mentioned it anyway and my stats were still increased but I knew it was there.