Chapter fifty two

Pulling up to the house I prepared myself as I witnessed first hand the bomb site it had become. Since Cam's left the building work seemed to get further and further behind, what a shocker! The guys were working round the clock to make up some time so I was booked into a hotel for two nights and needed to sleep in my bed before the biggest games of my career.

This evening, we had destroyed the competition to become western conference champions. Next stop, meeting the eastern conference champions in the final. Best of seven, four games was my aim and would be all it took hopefully. I needed it done now, the anticipation was really starting to get to me and once this was out the way and over, win or lose, my girls would be home.

Cam's was gutted she'd miss finals week and so was I but the scrutiny and press had really ramped up, so much so I was pleased she was out of it.

Rummaging around the boxes at the entrance I grabbed some clean clothes and put them by the door. I wanted to have a nosey, see how on schedule these lads actually were. It wasn't bad to be honest, few more sections to complete then just decorating and moving things in which hopefully, would all be done by the time my girl came home. Shit my girl.

We had a Skype date organised for tonight and judging by the text I'd received in the locker room, my tardiness would not be appreciated.

The lift back at the hotel took forever, I contemplated the stairs but decided against it. My legs felt heavy like lead, the whole team worked hard tonight, we'd had to but I could really feel the strain now. I mentally perked up when I thought about my girl though.

Setting the laptop up on the bed, I got comfortable and waited for the connection to go through. It was ridiculously hot so I was pretty much naked apart from my shorts but I knew my girl wouldn't mind.

C: Where you been Y/LN's? Shit where are you?
Y/N: I'm in The Dorchester on Hailing Street.
C: Why?

Oh good god, my baby momma looked cross and suspicious, I hadn't thought this through, idiot!

C: Y/N have you got someone there with you?
Y/N: Yes babe, I've taken them to a hotel and made them wait in the bathroom while I Skype my pregnant girlfriend.
C: Very funny, you get your gonna have to show me the bathroom now though right?
Y/N: Seriously?
C: Seriously Y/NN, this is so fucking random, you haven't even mentioned a hotel, you have a perfectly good house down the street and now all of a sudden, conference champions and here you are in your boxers in a hotel. Bathroom. Now.

Laughing in disbelief I dragged my exhausted ass off the bed and carried the laptop to the empty bathroom.

Y/NN: Satisfied?
C: No! Why are you there?
Y/NN: I'm having the house risk assessed for the baby, it's going to take a few days.
C: Risk assessed?

Come on Y/NN for the love of God lie better before she gets on a plane and beats your ass.

Y/N: Yeah it's a package thing. Bryant's organised it, they check for mould but also the electrics and everything. They're gonna check for bugs too so if they have to spray anything I thought now is as good a time as any cause your not here. Believe me yet?
C: Hmmmmmm...
Y/N: Mila baby come on, did you even see the game tonight?
C: Of course I did Papi.
Y/N: Then you must know I'm exhausted, your more than enough woman to keep me busy on top of that.
C: Say it again for me.
Y/N: Seriously? Aren't you bored of this yet?
C: Never!
Y/N: I love you baby.
C: I love you too Y/N. I miss you so much. I knew you guys would win tonight, you were amazing.
Y/N: Thanks baby but I was mediocre tonight. I couldn't feel it y'know, it didn't flow as it should.
C: Your too hard on yourself. Seriously Y/NN, you made it look easy tonight. I don't suppose you've read anything about the game yet?
Y/N: Nah, there were no major fuck ups so Bryant will just fill me in on the reception tomorrow.
C: I doubt he'll mention what I've seen. Your getting quite popular lover...
Y/N: What have you seen? I don't look ridiculous do I?
C: No Y/N nothing like that! Someone's zoomed in on your dick when your dunking. It's currently my home screensaver.