Chapter Forty Five

Y/N: I mean it B, I don't give a shit who you get but that was insane and it's not happening again.

B: I get it dude, I do but we talked about this, you knew this would happen once you were seen together in New York.

Y/N: We were fucking mobbed! I nearly rammed some guys camera down his throat, there were hundreds of fucking people all trying to touch my girl and she's fucking pregnant. Me and the airport guys could barely fucking contain it, I'm not having that happen again.

B: Understood, I'll go through some security options but hopefully this'll get easier once Mila's interview airs. You have to remember how famous she is Y/NN, now your out it won't die down and it'll be worse when the baby's born. Try not to let it get to you.

Y/N: Have you seen twitter? Those fucking Mendes gremlins threatening my kid? My fucking kid.

B: Do not give them a reaction do you understand?

Y/N: I can't do anything B, you deal with all my media and that's the problem, I can't do anything to sort this shit out.

B: Sometimes doing nothing is the hardest thing. How's Mila?

Y/N: She's fine, she reckons she's used to it and I'm over reacting but it's getting ridiculous, there's pictures of us everywhere, every magazine and shitty celebrity news channel all trying to work things out. We haven't even confirmed anything yet and it's none of their fucking business.

B: Right you need to calm the fuck down. Your girlfriends business is half about living her life on show, you knew this, you were warned so bring it back down a notch. This is business for her Y/NN and you signed on so stop complaining and work out what it is you want me to do.

Y/N: I want security at airports and at the games if she's coming, liaise with Mr Abrutzi on that one, he adores Mila. I want my girlfriend and my daughter kept safe B, anything else isn't important right now.

B: That's the way you should be thinking! Consider it done, I'll hit you up with a few options in a couple of hours. Not long now and the playoffs will be over, you can just focus on your girls and next season.

Y/N: Yeah, I hope your right man.

B: I'm always right man! That's my job. Send Mila my love yeah?

Y/N: Will do. The er, the ring we spoke about?

B: Already done, about a month. You sure about that?

Y/N: No, but can't hurt to have it right?

B: I got a good feeling Y/NN, chill and try to enjoy it ok?

Well that phone call didn't do much to quell my anxiety. Arriving back at the airport in LA had really shit me up, I'd never experienced anything like it, people clambering over each other, flashes going off in every direction and the shouting, it was fucking madness.

I'd just got back from practice and jumped in the pool for a few laps, it was so fucking hot today and the cool water soothed my muscles. I figured Cams must be asleep, she had some promo this morning and a meeting about the interview. If she hadn't she'd have greeted me at the door, wrapping her arms around me the way she does even if I've only been gone for an hour.

We'd been getting on great since New York, no it was better than great it was perfect. Everything I wanted. My usually lonely house was filled with laughter, teasing, affection and sex. Along with the promise of our daughter coming into the world soon we were elated but I continued to struggle with some things.