Chapter 41

"You can sit here Camila." Danny's little hand patted the seat next to him once we'd got into the kitchen.

"You can call me Mila, thank you Danny." My hand lost contact with her ass as she took her place at the table. Sitting opposite them I watched the redness gradually fade from my brothers cheeks. Jammy little shit, making moves on my girl.

"Y/N stop scowling at your brother."

"I'm not!" My protest didn't work, Cams chuckled which I ignored, the subsequent dirty wink she gave me afterwards I could not.

"So tell us how you two met." My stepfather requested with a mouthful of broccoli.

Mila looked at me, I looked at her and we both tried hard not to burst out laughing. I took a sip of my water, I was clearly on my own with this one as Cams took another mouthful of food.

"Mike my team mate was going out with Camila's friend Lauren. We met after practice one day and, well then we started texting... it all went on from there really."

"And Camila, your parents are supportive of this?"

"Yes most definitely, maybe a bit hesitant at first because of our careers but they're really fond of Y/NN."

"Now." I added and turned away from my mother to smile at Cams.

"Now, yes." She smiled back and scrunched her nose, fuck I love it when she did that. Squeezing her hand across the table, I focused on my meal under my mother's watchful glare.

"What will my niece be called?" Danny asked proudly.

"We're not sure yet little man." I answered, I couldn't wipe the smile of my face. I'd been dreading this for a long time but it was going ok. "Any suggestions?"

"I like Dora."

We all laughed even though Danny looked somewhat offended, Mila wrapped her arm around him and gave him a squeeze causing a jealous look from me and an endeared look from my mother.

"How about where your going to live when my granddaughter is born?"

"What is this, twenty questions?" I asked smiling but hoping they'd back off. I just assumed we'd stay at mine after the baby was born but I wasn't comfortable making decisions with an audience.

"I moved in and Y/NN's done the nursery, do you want to see it?"

My mother nodded eagerly and instructed her husband to swap seats with my girl who had her phone in her hand ready.

"Y/NN painted it yellow which I wasn't consulted on but I actually love it. The cot and the mobile.... the changing table's there. Oh
Y/N found this rocking chair on the internet, it's so old and chunky I love it.

"I have to say it looks amazing Y/N."

Realising a had a stupid grin on my face and my chest puffed out like an animal I nodded at Mother and continued eating. I hadn't expected them to get on, this could be worse than I ever imagined.

My stepfather never moved back to his seat, we ate as if we were on the children's table while Ma and Mila discussed everything. By the time they got to birthing arrangements, I'd had enough, they were putting me off my apple pie!

"Y/NN can we go out and play? Ma's ruining Mila for me."

He was a funny little boy and certainly my favourite member of my family. He exuded character, something I never did and I loved him for it. There was never any competition, we were bought up in completely separate ways but I was glad he got the better end of the deal. The calmer mother with more security to focus on actual life and not just how to pay the rent. That and a Dad that actually stuck around.