64.Suspicious.

A few days have probably passed, the two of you can't really tell since you can't see the outside.

They haven't released us or tried to walk into our cell, so we haven't really made any progress on our escape but with the way Rachel has been feeding us I doubt that we could put up much of a fight even if we did get out of here.

Helen: "I guess that she won't come back here again."

Helens tired voice breaks the silence.

[Y/n]: "Yeah."

Yesterday she brought a small slice of bread to the two of you and you gave it  to Helen, she offered half of it to you but you refused by telling her that if you die she will most likely get released, with how hungry she was she had no point in arguing with you so she just quietly ate the bread slice.

With a tired sigh you close your eyes and drift off to sleep again. Your dreams didn't help much, half of them you've already forgotten and the ones that you remember are the ones about food. You don't know how many times you've woken up and fallen asleep again waiting for someone to rescue you or...to die. You're not sure how many more hours you will live but by how weak you feel you're sure that you don't have much time left, atleast Helen should survive. You smile at the thought of it and close your eyes probably for the last time.

Jane's P.O.V.

*5 days ago*

While shopping around for clothes with Ellen you saw [Y/n] run past the shop. Ellen seems to have noticed him too but she didn't seem too happy about it.

Jane: "Ellen? What's wrong?"

She doesn't answer and still keeps looking into the distance where [y/n] ran off.

Jane: "Ellen?"

You wave your hand in front of her to snap her out of whatever she's thinking about.

Ellen: "Eh? Sorry, got a little lost in my thoughts."

Jane: "And what were you thinking about hmm~"

She thinks for a second and then turns to you.

Ellen: "Have you noticed something strange about him?"

Jane: "What do you mean?"

Ellen: "He's become nicer, he used to be so mean, sometimes even cruel."

Even you Ellen... everyone seems to be afraid of him, some even hide when they see him. What is happening around here?

Ellen: "I don't want to sound like I don't appreciate this side of him but it's weird when someone changes as fast as that."

You push all the clothing that you picked out for yourself into Ellen's hands and head for the exit.

Ellen: "Jane?"

Jane: "I forgot that I needed to do something, buy these for me, I'll pay you back later!"

You can hear her sigh as you leave the shop.

Sorry Ellen but I have to go after him and find out if he knows anything or atleast tell him that he's not alone in here.

You jump into a shadow that the building has created for you and move from one shadow to the other trying to catch up to [y/n]. It doesn't take all that long to get to him and he's already heading for the gates. You jump to his shadow as he approaches Helen and Rachel.

After they were done talking you thought about emerging from his shadow and dragging him away from the group, in the end you decided that you shouldn't bother him and jumped into another person's shadow that was heading back to the shop. You turn back to look at [y/n] walking through the gates and noticed Rachel looking back right at you.

Did she see me?

You jump to another shadow and her eyes follow you again.

No way, she was never able to see me before and not only that but almost no one can see me in the shadows not even [y/n].

She gets out of your eyesight as the gates close behind them.

If they're going on an expedition together why would she look back as if she's looking for someone. I might be a little paranoid but with these things happening around me, I can't trust this.

You move past the gates through the shadows and get into your second domain which is the forest.

Why am I so worried about this idiot? He's strong enough to protect himself and if he wanted me to come along he would have asked me to come with him, but nooo! he ran past me and left me just like last time when I finally got a chance to sleep in one bed with him! hmph!

You were about to turn back but then you saw one of the girls take out a map and run in front of [y/n], when she started leading the group you noticed how she started swaying her hips more than she really should.

You little...

You instantly jump from one trees shadow to another and catch up with them.

Doing this while all of us are away... Fortune would be more than happy to discipline you but I'm not Fortune, I have other ideas on how I could punish you.

You prepare to make her trip with one of your shadows but stop once you realise that you'd simply give yourself away if you did that. Luckily Helen started distracting him with small talk, which helped you calm down.

It didn't take long but you got to the place where they were supposed to be. Once there you went ahead to quickly look around for any enemies but couldn't find anything and decided to return to them. When you came back they were talking about something and [y/n] didn't seem too happy about what they were saying.

You got closer to try understand what's happening but when you did a weird aura surrounded [y/n]. The aura was there only for a few seconds but it didn't feel friendly, it felt as if Fortune saw [y/n] with another girl that wasn't supposed to be with him...just two times worse. They all stare in surprise for a couple of seconds but then notice the blood that's coming out of his palms and without saying a word the healer healed his wounds.

Nobody talks about what just happened and [y/n] wants to leave to go check out the outpost, probably because he thinks that they're in danger. The girl with the map was more than happy to lead [y/n] while Rachel really didn't want to split up, in the end [Y/n] left with Helen which you trusted more than Rachel.

You stayed behind wanting to find out why she didnt want them to split up so much and maybe even talk to her about why she was able to see you.
.
.
.