75.Returning the favor.

As you step through the portal you're greeted by the city guards aiming their sharp ends of the spears at you, there are also a few of them with swords and bows standing behind them ready to strike or shoot at you if you fight back or try to run.

Jane and Helen stay calm at your side and wait for their next move while you're a bit worried that they might attack you on their next move.

Dragon (guard): "You were with Maria weren't you [y/n]?"

Knowing Catherine she probably knew that I'd come back and warned everyone about it, hopefully she doesn't think that I came here to kill her or something.

[Y/n]: "I was."

Dragon (guard): "You've been with someone who hates you a lot and still managed to come back without a scratch on you which only means two things, you either killed her or made a deal with her. Knowing Maria and how she fights that leaves only one option..."

She takes a step forward and aims her spear at your heart.

Dragon (guard): "That you made-"

Before she could finish her sentence a harpy lands on her spear with enough force to make the spear hit the ground and break in half. She then jumps back and lands near you while a few more harpies land behind you. As you look closer at the harpy beside you, you remember that it's the harpy you've met in the forest.

Dragon (guard): "What do you think you're doing!?"

Harpy (guard): "I could ask you the same, you're attacking an unarmed person instead of capturing him."

Unarmed?

You look to your side where your weapon should be and realise that you forgot to ask Maria to give your weapons back.

Dragon (guard): "Sure, he may be without weapons but I'm sure that those two don't need them."

Harpy (guard): "You would have started the fight and if they fought back it would have been your fault."

Dragon (guard): "We could always make some things up and tell Catherine a bit of a different story~"

Harpy (guard): "What?"

The dragon girl glances at you and smiles with confidence which makes the harpy go silent, so instead of letting anybody else do any more talking for you, you decide to speak for yourself.

[Y/n]: "And what exactly are you gonna tell her, that I came out of the portal and attacked a few of you and then ran away? What's the point of doing that?"

She thinks about your logical questions and takes a step back as another guard takes her place.

Dragon (guard): "A few of our scouts have been attacked and beat almost to death, he also attacked our city but we managed to defend against him~ Maybe we'll be able to show her your body too~ heheh...no need to wait guys, kill them."

Harpy (guard): "Enough!"

The harpy takes out her sword and aims it towards her.

Harpy (guard): "You're in no place to give orders!"

The dragoness eyes darken as she stares at her like she's her prey.

Dragon (guard): "Somebody has to, besides this place would be a lot better without him. He may have united us but just like last time he probably has other plans for us."

You can feel the uneasiness in the air but nobody wants to attack...yet. The harpy felt it too and sheathed her weapon before turning her attention to the guards surrounding you.