73.Jealousy.

[Y/n]: "And why would we be here w-when we should be going back to Helen and Jane?"

She opens the door, grabs you by the hand and pulls you into her room. She then closes the door and pushes you against it as her whole body surrounds you and her hands keep you in place.

[Y/n]: "M-Maria w-what are you doing!?"

Why am I panicking so much! I should be used to this by now!

Maria: "You sound a bit... worried~ not only that but your heart is also racing, does me being so close excite you that much~?"

I need to calm down and think of a way to get out of this situation before it gets worse.

[Y/n]: "M-Maria! Wait! This isn't the time for it!"

Maria: "Oh~ but I can't wait any longer~"

She places her hand on your chest and slowly traces it down.

Maria: "I'll make sure that your blood goes to the area that needs it most, so you won't have to worry about going-"

She doesn't get to finish her sentence as she winces in pain from the blades cutting deeper into her flesh.

Jane: "Enough."

I'm saved.

Maria: "Jane..."

Maria takes a step back and turns to Jane who has plenty of blades already aimed at her.

Now that Maria isn't blocking your view you get a chance to look at her room. There's a bed big enough to fit more than two people near the wall on the right, there's also a mirror hanging on a wall and below it is a small table with a few drawers, that's probably where she does her make up. There's also a big wardrobe probably full of clothes that you would like to see Maria wear and knowing her personality and how she acted with you right now, you bet that she has some interesting clothing in there.

Before your mind could start imagining her in some lewd clothing you look to the left where you see a small kitchen like area with a sink, cupboard, a knife holder and other things that are necessary in the kitchen and a table with a few chairs, there's also two doors near the kitchen that probably lead to a basement and a bathroom.

After observing her room your mind focused on Maria as she started speaking with a more hostile voice.

Maria: "Any other day I'd say that you came at the right time but...I don't feel like sharing today."

Jane: "Maria, this-."

Maria: "I'll only take him from you for a day or two and then you can leave, it's not like you'll lose anything am I right [y/n]?"

You shake your head in disapproval.

[Y/n]: "That's the problem, while we're safely sitting here the others might be fighting Catherine's troops."

Maria: "I've called them back a while ago so you don't have to worry about that."

[Y/n]: "Then what about Catherine, I doubt that she'll be very happy about what you did."

Maria: "She knows why that happened..."

She turns her back to Jane as her eyes  observe you.

Maria: "I'm gonna assume that you don't know about the deal that I made with Catherine."

[Y/n]: "A deal?"

Maria smiles and nods.

Maria: "I have a feeling that you won't stay here even if I tell you what it involves so I'm willing to let you guys leave and ask Catherine about it, but afterwards you'll have to come back to me and we'll have a whole week to ourselves, how does that sound?"

A week!? If I stay now Catherine might attack but if I go I might be able to prevent more people from dying but I'll have to spend a week with her... it's not like she's going to eat me, right?

[Y/n]: "Okay."

Jane: "[Y/n]!"

Jane screams your name in disapproving voice but Maria only smiles at that.

Maria: "Perfect!"

Jane: "No its not!"

Maria: "Too late dear, he agreed to it already~"

Jane takes a step forward and the blades move closer with her.

Jane: "I didn't agree to it, that's why it won't happen!"

Maria: "Well~"

Her aura changed again.

Maria: "We could do things the hard way like you want but you would die before you could send these blades my way and even if you did they wouldn't do much to me."

Jane doesn't say a word but she still seems very confident in herself and just like you Maria notices it.

Maria: "You seem very confident, is it because of the two blades that are stuck in my arm?"

Jane doesn't say a word again.

Maria: "Listen, you're too focused on me, think about [y/n] and what he would do if you or I got hurt or...died."

Jane's ears twitch as she takes a dagger in each hand and smiles.

In that moment when she picked up those two daggers you noticed that something was off about her.

Jane: "Guess we'll find out."

You grab Maria's hand and pull her back and step in front of her.

Jane: "[y/n] get out of my way or I might hit you."

[Y/n]: "Jane..."

She's way too serious about this, could it be that she's being controlled?

Jane: "I see, if you won't move then.... I'm sorry."

The blades start flying your way but before they could hit you, you opened an unsteady portal in front of you and sent them elsewhere while Maria made a small barrier that protected you from the sides and above, quite a few hit the barrier but the blades stopped coming your way as quickly as they started.

Maria: "Close the portal [y/n], she won't be attacking any time soon."

You do as she says and with a bit more effort than usual you close it, as the portal closes you see Jane laying on the floor and instantly run to her side. You check for any wounds but there weren't any, atleast on the outside.

Maria: "Don't worry [y/n] I just stopped her bloodflow to certain areas for a bit, she should wake up soon."

You take Jane into your arms and lift her up.

Maria: "It felt similar to what happened with you."

[Y/n]: "It might be the same, we'll know for sure when she wakes up."

She thinks for a second then sighs.

Maria: "First you, now her... hopefully this only happens to the two of you."

[Y/n]: "Yeah..."

Maria: "[Y/n], you might not like this but I have to take her to the cell in case she wakes up and..."

[Y/n]: "Yeah, I'd rather not fight her or hurt her."

She comes closer to you and takes Jane from you.

Maria: "I'll tell one of the guards to lead you back and give you some food with the same pill that will make you unable to use any of your powers."

[Y/n]: "Yeah... that's for the best..."

She nods and heads to the door but stops before opening it.

Maria: "If anything feels out of place or Helen or one of the guards start acting weird, tell me as soon as you can."

You nod and she leaves the room.
.
.
.