-My baby-

The next day...

Adrien had stayed overnight with his wife, they couldn't sleep, they hadn't said a word to each other. Her sobs filled the room, Adrien wanted to know where they went wrong, so many unanswered questions. ''C-Can I see her'' Marinette spoke up breaking the odd silence.

Her husband hung his head to hide his tears, he was devastated, they both were. The lone doctor nodded in approval and brought the babe wrapped in a white, red, and blue blanket. Small pink lips, closed eyes, a small button nose, dark black hair.

She gently brushed the baby's lip, ''D-Do you want to h-hold her'' Marinette asked, her red eyes puffy from all the crying she had done. Raising his head, He looked into Mari's eyes, they were dull, full of hurt and sadness, Nodding, Adrien stood up and gently took the baby from her.

He held the hand of the baby, his tears falling on the blanket. She couldn't bear seeing him like this. The dad couldn't believe their child was gone he waited for this moment since the day he became an adult, and it was taken away, and what hurt him most, was that he didn't know why it happened. ''I will go put him down'' The doctor offered. Adrien sniffled and let go.

He sat back down, his hands clenched in a fist, it scared his wife as she noticed this, she was now filled with the fear of losing the love of her life as well as her third child. 

''Adrien'' Mari whispered looking up at the ceiling. Tears rolled off the sides of her face. ''Yeah,'' He responded. 

''Is this the end'' She asked, he was confused and worried. ''The end of what'' He asked. ''Us, I killed three of your children, I fucked up, again, I am so sorry, I don't want to get a divorce-'' 

''Baby, we are not breaking up okay, I-I love you and this is not your fault, I should have been there, a-and I could've prevented this-''

''It's not your fault Adrien'' He laid his head on her lap and stayed there, he could feel depression beginning to absorb him, his wife's sobs ringing through his ears, images of his child's deceased face also haunting him. He stayed there for about a half-hour till they both calmed down.

The doctors had just finished their shift so a different nurse had to give Marinette a checkup, Adrien was leaned upon by the wall as they took her blood pressure. ''Uhm, do you know what happened to our daughter, why was she a stillbirth'' Marinette asked to ease their minds. 

''The stillbirth baby was a boy, I don't think he was yours'' The lady replied. ''A boy'' They replied shocked. ''Yeah, A boy, and he has pronounced stillbirth two weeks ago,'' The nurse replied.

''I'm confused, so the doctor told you we were having a stillbirth baby'' Adrien asked. ''No, all the doctors I saw said I was having a healthy baby girl, w-we did the gender reveal 5 times, it always came back as a girl'' His wife replied. ''I don't want to intrude I just came to check on you'' the nurse implied before leaving.

''What the fuck is going on'' Adrien exclaimed causing his wife to jolt up. ''Sorry, uhm, do you want anything for lunch, you should eat, or at least take a nap'' Adrien replied, ''Uhm can you find something light please, a pastry or anything will do'' He nodded and left a kiss on her forehead. ''Love you'' they whispered in sync before he left the room.

Marinette sat there thinking, she had given birth to a girl, she knew it, but why was she told it was a boy? Adrien had come back and walked in on the doctor and his wife arguing. ''What's going on'' He asked. 

''He doesn't want me to see my baby'' Marinette shot up. ''Your baby is being processed'' He replied. ''What does that mean'' He asked. ''It means we are documenting him-'' 

''My baby is a girl'' Mari screamed. ''Just leave'' Adrien butted in, he nodded and left.

''Don't stress out yourself baby, I need you to be strong okay'' She nodded and he handed her a croissant and sat her drink on the bedside table. ''Uh, I ran into Luka in the next room. Chloe gave birth to a girl'' He informed. ''I bet you regret calling off your wedding now'' She mumbled. ''Mari, come on baby, don't say that-'' 

''At least she can have babies like a real woman. I-I can't even do that'' Their eyes were filled with tears. ''I love you, and I do not regret ending things with Chloe, not one bit, I could've lost you-'' ''I wish you had lost me instead of another baby'' She added.

''What, Mari don't say that-'' ''Adrien I lost three babies, Three, are you serious, I will never be the same, I can't have kids Adrien'' 

''I know it hurts but we can try again okay, and we will get through this together, okay, I love you, and I will spend the rest of my life with you, without a child of my own if I have to, don't say anything like that again. Okay,'' She nodded and dried her tears. ''Okay, babe'' He sat next to her and rested her head on him. ''Get some rest Mari'' Intertwining their hands, Marinette closed her eyes and fell asleep a short while after.

Two days later...

Marinette had returned to the hospital to pick up a prescription when she bumped into Luka. ''Oh, hey, I was just on my way to see you'' He spoke up. ''Oh, uhm, Hi'' Marinette responded. ''I heard about what happened I'm so sorry'' Mari sighed. ''Thanks, Luka, Congrats on your baby girl'' She forced a smile.

''Thanks, I was expecting a boy, as that was what I was told I would be getting but it's all good'' He chuckled. ''I was expecting a girl and got a boy, so if you want I can give you my baby stuff, I won't need it anytime soon'' She sighed. ''Oh, okay thanks. do you want to see her'' Luka asked and Marinette nodded.

''We haven't named her yet'' Luka replied showing her to the three days old baby, she had dark hair, with light greenish eyes. Her lips were small and pink and her hands were formed into a fist looking up at them. She had to admit, she was just what Mari had imagined her daughter would look like, then it hit her. ''Luka-''

''Marinette, what are you doing here'' Chloe asked as she entered the room with a large fake smile on her face. ''I was showing her the baby'' Luka spoke up. ''I should get going, bye, thank you'' And with that Marinette quickly made her way back home.

''Adrien, I saw her'' Mari shot up, as she entered his office. ''Who'' He raised a brow typing in his work. ''Our daughter'' His wife replied and he paused. ''Mari-'' ''Adrien, don't say it, I-I went back to the hospital a-and I saw her, Luka and Chloe have her, t-they may have made a mistake or something, she looks just like us, she has your eyes a-and-'' Adrien got up and made his way to her.

''Mari I know you are hurting but our baby is g-gone, you need to let go'' He whispered. Marinette sobbed bitterly hugging her husband. ''I'm sorry'' she whispered. But deep down she knew... that was her baby...