-Guilty Conscience-

''Melody... do you like Marinette? I mean... I heard you say you wanted her to come back but... I don't know if you said that because of me or you.'' he said sitting next to her. Marinette stopped in her tracks out the door when she heard this...

''Well yeah, sure she's great. I feel like you are replacing mom and I don't like that...

''Well at first, I thought that... then I realized that you needed someone, so, at first, I tried to set you up with a blind date, three actually... but when they didn't work aunty sent you to Marinette, you two met and everything was okay and I wasn't feeling guilty anymore.

''Guilty?! For what?!'' Her father asked. ''Mom... she would have still been here if it wasn't for me... Your wife would be here,'' she responded with a sad tone.

''Melody, it was an accident, none of it was your fault-'' ''But it was! I told her to come back! I was so selfish... and she was coming home, to me, to us!! And then she was gone...''

*Flashback*

''Mommy where are you going?!'' Young Melody asked her mother. ''Sweetheart I have to go on a plane trip but I'll be back-'' ''But mommy! You said we'll go to the fair for my birthday today.'' She whimpered. ''I know sweetie, but when I come back-'' ''Mommy please don't leave..'' Melody whispered with tear-filled eyes.

''Louise help me out here...'' his wife replied. ''You and I will go to the fair, okay, and then when Mommy gets back, we'll go again,'' he replied picking her up. ''But I wanted mommy to come, this isn't fair! It's my birthday!'' she fussed so that her dad put her down before running up to her room.

''I'll try to get back early okay? I'm sorry.'' His wife sighed. ''No, no, it's okay, do what you have to, I'll take care of Mel, Promise.'' he smiled taking her hand. ''Best husband ever.'' The woman smiled. ''Think you can spare a few more minutes?!'' he asked with a grin. ''Ahh, I wish, but I should really go, I love you, Louise, tell our little girl I love her too okay.'' she smiled.

''Yes, I will, be safe and we love you too,'' Louise whispered before they locked lips...

An hour later...

''Melody, Mommy wants to talk to you,'' Louise said opening the door. ''Hi mommy.'' she pouted taking the phone from him. ''Aww don't make a sad face baby, and why aren't you dressed yet? Are you going to the fair in your PJs?'' Her mother asked. ''I'm not going anymore.'' she pouted.

''Not even with me? Did daddy tell you the news yet?'' Her mother asked. Melody shook her head in response. ''Mommy is on her way back, she didn't go to the airport anymore! So we are going to the fair together!'' Louise said excitedly. ''Yay! Thank you, mommy!'' Melody beamed.

''No problem my love, but I might take a while to get there, there is a lot of rain and traffic so I'll take the back roads to be faster,'' she replied. ''Well I should get the birthday girl ready for our adventure, what color should we all wear, I think-''

Before he could finish there was a loud crash over their call. ''Mommy?! What was that bang?! MOM-'' ''It's just thunder love, don't worry about it. W-Why don't you go put on your sunflower dress and your coat, I-I'll get changed.'' Louise got up from his daughter's bed and stumbled out of the room.

He tried not to think negatively of the loud crash but he couldn't help it knowing his wife and his background...

''Can you speed up; I need to find her.'' He groaned bouncing his leg on the floor impatiently. ''What's wrong daddy?'' Emma asked noticing how worried and scared her father looked. ''Mommy isn't answering her phone, I just want to make sure mommy is okay, she's supposed to be home by now,'' he replied looking out the window.