-The divorce-

Previously on His Secret Affair...

She couldn't finish reading the text her eyes filled with tears blurring her vision.

''Mari'' Adrien called from downstairs. She heard his footsteps and couldn't find the words.

His eyes widened as he saw the picture. ''Mari I'm-'' ''Don't you dare say another fucking word, Adrien.'' She yelled pushing him off...

Present...

''I wanted to believe you had changed. I prayed you had changed. I-I- what the fuck is wrong with me that you can't love me back Adrien! I have tried everything and you still won't love me, when will this end.'' she sobbed bitterly.

''Baby-'' ''Baby! Are you seriously about to sweet-talk your way out of this? Adrien, you lost that chance years ago. All I wanted was a change and a sincere apology but I can't get either'' she responded.

''You know what hurts the most. I wanted to carry your children. I wanted us to have a big loving family. But you won't even spend time with me to give me another child. I don't care if you think that's selfish. Everything has always been about you. When will you ever notice me? I reach out but you are never there when I need you or want you.'' She cried into her palms. 

''Mari I promise you I am so sorry and I-'' ''I can't do this anymore Adrien. I-I really can't take any more of this heartbreak. Every time I look at you. I don't even see the man I fell in love with. no matter how h-hard I try I will never see him again. Adrien, I think it's time we get a divorce'' she whispered.

''W-What but Mari-'' ''I don't want to talk about this anymore. You don't love me and I- ... Adrien just please let me have this'' She pleaded. ''No. I-I can't do that I love you too much to lose you-'' ''Adrien you already have just-'' ''No! I will make this up to you Marinette you watch'' he said before leaving.

But Marinette's mind wasn't going to change. Her heart couldn't take any more heartbreak...

A week later...

Her outfit...

Marinette received a call from her in-laws... Telling her to come as soon as possible to their home. 

She never thought much of it till she saw Emily glaring at her when she entered. 

''I heard you want to get a divorce'' She started crossing her arms. ''You and social media so just imagine what I have been going through'' She replied. ''What. You want us to- You brought this on yourself when you asked for a divorce in the first place'' She shouted back. 

''Excuse me'' Marinette responded. ''All Adrien has ever done is love you. how dare you be ungrateful to file a divorce concerning a rumor'' Emily yelled angrily. ''You are so selfish didn't you think of your daughter'' She added. 

Marinette was stunned by her words but also filled with anger. ''How dare you call me selfish and ungrateful. Your son only told his side of the story. He and I fell out of love after Emma was born. She was everything to him so much so. he didn't care about me anymore. So he decided to get a new woman to love. You know how long I loved Adrien I waited years for him and when the time finally came he didn't love me back.

I was the one holding our relationship together and keeping our 'perfect family' status on social media. Why don't you yell at him for having children outside of his marriage-'' she gasped and covered her mouth. ''I'm sorry what!'' Gabriel spoke up from behind her. 

''N-Nothing. I-I have to go-'' ''Marinette. Tell me right now'' he demanded. She couldn't keep it from them any longer. ''Adrien had an affair with Charlotte this maid which was why I fired her. and with the babysitter. A few weeks ago she told me she had an abortion because she was already getting married and she didn't want to be carrying another man's child. I didn't believe her obviously...

Then about a week after. One of his friends found us having dinner and she said she will text me and she sent me the ultrasound... she got into a car accident and her child didn't make it. You see I loved your son but I couldn't bear the hurt any longer. It's been years and he still doesn't love me. So I asked for a divorce. I can't raise my daughter properly in a situation like that, I'm sorry. I have to go'' She picked up her bag and left...

At work...

She groaned and let her forehead collide with the keyboard in front of her. ''You okay'' She heard a man's voice and quickly shot up. ''Oh... you. uhm... The man with the wedding dress'' she said standing up. ''Yeah. Just so you know I didn't wear it'' he whispered. She giggled and held out her hand. 

''Marinette... I don't think I introduced myself before'' she smiled. ''Lovely name miss Marinette'' he smiled back shaking her hand. ''Have a seat. So what can I help you with today'' she asked as they both sat down. ''Well, I am sent here on business for a friend of mine. He's throwing a party/gala and he wanted me to pick out the outfits for him and his fiance so here I am'' he grinned as he studied the woman. 

Her puffy eyes. Cute smile and giggle. Long beautiful hair. Her body shape had him lusting after the married woman...

''Oh. Lovely... Mr. Cassano, I presume'' She spoke up looking in the file on her desk. ''Yes,'' he responded with his signature smile. ''Oh so when do you wanna go over this-'' ''Are you free tomorrow. I can pick you up and we can discuss it on our way to them'' He suggested. 

''Oh... yeah that would be nice'' she smiled back. They both stood up and he took her hand and kissed her knuckles. ''Have a lovely day miss Marinette'' the man grinned sending shivers down her spine. ''O-Oh. thank you. S-Same to you'' she stuttered out flustered by his charm...