Vol. 1: Chapter 15.2.2 - Pulling the Strings

As soon as Kushida disappeared, I took out my phone and called someone. When it rang, the other end immediately picked up.

"Ayanokouji-kun?"

"Horikita, everything's alright now."

"What? Did you confront Kushida-san already?" she asked in confusion.

"Yeah."

"And she agreed just like that?"

"Well... I have my methods."

"Come to my room. I want you to explain everything to me. I can come to your room too if that's what you prefer," she demanded.

"No, not right now. I'll tell you myself when I think it's the optimal time. I'll give you the points back by then as well."

"That's... Alright, I understand."

And then I hung up. I began to search up a number that I got a couple of weeks prior. When it rang, the other end also picked up immediately.

"Ayanokouji?" An older female voice can be heard.

"Ah, Chabashira-sensei. There's something that I need you to look up," I said.

After I convinced Chabashira-sensei to do what I asked for, I slowly sat down on my bed. I reached out under it and took out an item. The same item can be found under my office chair.

"Hmm... Seems like the bugs also got everything. Good. I doubt Kushida would target me or the class in the future, but there's a high chance she'll still try to get Horikita expelled. When push comes to shove, I guess I can just use these against her," I muttered.

The real reason why I bought an expensive cassette recorder that cost 20,000 points was to cloak the purchase of these two bugs. They both cost 2,500 points each. The difference between a 25,000 point total and a 20,000 point total wasn't that big, so as long as she didn't know each and every purchase I made from day one, there's no way Kushida can deduce the truth. Buying three bugs would also be an option because 7,500 points aren't that big either, but if I presented one to Kushida, she'll think that there might be more of them.

I don't really have to worry about getting found out eventually. Because as time goes on, this purchase will become virtually impossible to deduce.

Author's Notes:

Kiyotaka used the Sony M-909 Microcassette-Corder.