Vol. 2: Chapter 3.3 - Mingling Natures

12:32 PM, Keyaki Mall.

"Oh, Kiyotaka."

When I got to our meeting spot, Akito was already there, waiting.

"Sorry for making you wait," I said.

"Nah, I just got here."

For some reason, I felt like I was Akito's girlfriend with those words.

"Oh, look. It's Airi and Haruka."

"Hey, you two!" Haruka called out to us.

Haruka and Airi looked very attractive in their casual outfits. From an outsider's perspective, it must've looked like we're on a double date. Or at least, that's what my delusional, single self wants to say.

"Good afternoon, Akito-kun, Kiyotaka-kun," Airi greeted us with a timid voice.

Unfortunately, Ken was doing club stuff today, so he couldn't come with us. Even if it was a Sunday, he still works hard on basketball, probably to make up for the lost time.

After a short while, the four of us settled down to eat lunch in a sushi restaurant.

"Fuuu~! These are delicious. Kencchin is missing out!" commented Haruka.

"Oh, speaking of Ken, didn't he almost fight the guys from Class D?" Akito asked, looking at Airi for confirmation.

A fight?

"Ah... Yes, I was there when it almost happened the day before yesterday," she replied.

"Ken was prattling about how he could beat the three of them. He said he wouldn't be in trouble since they threw the first punch," he shrugged.

"Ehh, what Kencchin-thing to do and say."

"You stopped them, Airi?" I asked.

"I-I didn't really stop them... I just called out to Ken-kun and the three boys from Class D just left." Airi then proceeded to tell the story in detail.

I see... Komiya Kyogo, Kondou Reo, and Ishizaki Daichi, huh? According to Airi, it seems like a beef between club rivals... 

Wait, they stopped after seeing Airi...?

"You were all in the special building, right?"

"Yes..." she nodded. "I was trying to take some pictures when I heard them."

"Ah! So you got new ones, Airi? Show them to me later!" Haruka leaned in cheerfully.

"Seriously, that idiot. He might be good at fighting, but Ishizaki can probably hold his own with two other goons behind him," said Akito.

It sounds like Akito knows who Ishizaki Daichi is.

Of course, everyone in the Ayanokouji Group knows about Airi's hobby. That's also why Ken wasn't too shocked when he saw her there.

Anyway, it was a three-on-one. It happened in the special building. They panicked when they saw Airi instead of making fun of Ken or targeting her instead. They also left even with Ken provoking them on the way out. Something's odd here.

I needed that one detail before I can confirm my hunch.

"But still, isn't it amazing that Kencchin might be a regular?! He's just a first-year!" Haruka exclaimed.

"Yeah, whenever I catch him on the court, even I can tell that his skills are top-notch." Akito nodded in agreement.

Well, Ken is quite talented when it comes to sports, especially basketball.