Vol. 2: Chapter 11.3 - Denouement

The Ayanokouji Group was doing fine with the past lessons, so I gave everyone a day off. Right now, I asked Airi if we can hang out in her room and she timidly accepted.

"Good morning, Kiyotaka-kun..." she replied, opening the door for me. 

She wasn't wearing her glasses and she also had her hair down. Her typical shy demeanor made her look like the middle ground between Shizuku and the usual Airi. She stared at me with a curious expression.

"Hey," I greeted. "You must be wondering why I'm here. Don't worry, I'm not going to give you some supplementary lessons since I think you're already fine. I just wanted to talk about something."

"O-Oh... You guessed what I was thinking," she chuckled cutely.

It's currently ten in the morning, and we really didn't have much to talk about when it was just the two of us.

"Haruka knows that you've been taking pictures of yourself, but you've never really shown your quote-unquote true face to her, right?" I asked.

"Yes... I mean, I've also shown a lot of my pictures to you, Ken-kun, and Akito-kun, but I was in my plain get-up the whole time," she narrated. "The only one who really knew about it was you."

"When we first met, right? I didn't know who Shizuku was, though."

It was also the reason why I immediately concluded that she was Shizuku when she showed us the magazine.

After some more idle talk, I finally decided to get on with the main topic.

"I checked your blog site last night. It seems like you stopped posting when school started," I said.

"E-Eh? You saw my blog...? T-That's really embarrassing..." Airi covered her face with her hands. Her body shook left and right in a very adorable manner. This was a side of Airi that only we in the Ayanokouji Group know.

"You really love your fans, don't you? You replied to almost every comment. I bet you were liking them all, too," I teased.

"Stooop!" Airi laid face-down on her bed, burying her face on the sheets.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding."

"Geez, Kiyotaka-kun, you're so mean sometimes..." pouted Airi. "Even though your face doesn't change."

Cute... If Airi acted like this with her Shizuku appearance, boys would instantly swarm her much like how they would Kikyou.

Well... I hate to ruin the nice atmosphere but...

"Although... I think some of your fans love you a little too much."

Airi froze. Her face contorted like she just remembered something unpleasant.

"Airi... Have you read those comments? Ah, if you have no idea of what I'm talking about, then forget I asked."

[Do you believe in fate? I do. I believe we will be together forever.]

[I can always feel you close to me.]

[You were even cuter today, weren't you?]

[Did you notice when our eyes met? I noticed.]

Delusional was the first word that came into mind, but I felt like there's something more to this superfan.

"U-Uhm..." Airi's eyes darted around the room.

"Last night, you were trying to tell us one more thing, right? I thought it was related to this."

"Eh? You noticed?" she asked in surprise.