Vol. 3: Chapter 6.2 - Ryuuen's Game

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"What's the point of asking that when we're already in the middle of the forest?" Horikita answered with a sigh.

"Oh, you're right... My bad."

Well, I guess that's it for my attempt at a conversation.

Even if we knew where we were going, it still took us a little over thirty minutes to reach the southern beach.

"Huh? There's no one here," said Onodera.

"So Komiya and Kondou were just spouting a bunch of bullcrap?" added Okitani.

When we reached the main beach, the only thing that greeted us was the wide area of sand. We could also see the special tent with a lot of computers by the edge, near the dock. This is certainly strange, but Komiya and Kondou didn't seem like they were lying.

"Let's go to the other beach. They're probably there," I suggested.

The five of them nodded in agreement. We headed towards the nearest beach, which was west of this place. We didn't even need to reach the edge of the forest before hearing the excited howls of many students.

"Woohoo!" The first person that captured our attention was a student riding a jet ski without a care in the world.

"Hyah-!"

"Woah!" Meanwhile, other students were happily playing beach volleyball.

Toilets and shower rooms were installed without a problem. They also had a big tarp to block an area against the sunlight. Inside that area were things like barbecue stands, chairs, a parasol, snacks, and drinks. And of course, there were jet skis that whizzed along the shoreline and the volleyball that everyone was using. Cooking, laughter, friendly chats, and fun activities could be seen everywhere. The Class D students were wearing their swimwear while enjoying their time on the beach.

Of course, there were more things to count, but they didn't really matter.

Now, this is a vacation.

Everyone in Class D was having a good time. And of course, my classmates' reactions were to be expected.

"Ehhh...?" Onodera's mouth gaped open.

"What... the heck is this...?" Meanwhile, Makida squinted his eyes in confusion.

"Look at all that stuff... Just how much should these cost them...?" Matsushita surveyed the place while murmuring her calculations.

"Their points are toast..." Okitani shook his head.

Horikita, who was behind us, tugged my shirt lightly.

"Ayanokouji-kun... This is ridiculous..." she said.

"Yeah, it is," I replied.

"All this stuff... Is it even possible? Do you think they're up to something?" asked Horikita.

"Not sure, but we can clearly see how much they're enjoying themselves." I shrugged in response.

I took the lead and headed out towards the beach. Of course, a lot of Class D students noticed our sudden arrival, but they didn't really pay us any mind. One familiar student, Ishizaki Daichi, approached us with a non-hostile expression. I could also see Komiya run in a certain direction after seeing us.

There's a very low chance that Ishizaki intends to harm us in any way. Regardless, my classmates were still on guard.

"Ryuuen-san requests your presence," he said with a stern expression.