SS.15 - Poolside View

August 8th, 2:45 PM.

"Alright, it's your loss if you really don't want to." Akito shrugged as he walked away with Ken.

"You can always change your mind." Ken turned around with a wave.

"We'll be fine, Miyacchi. You guys can go have some fun," said Haruka.

"Mn... We've had our fill with swimming back on the island, so we'll be alright over here," added Airi.

After getting reassurance from the two of them, I followed the other two and got in the pool.

"Wooh, the water's so damn nice!"

"This weather is perfect!"

A lot of the students frolicked around the pool area with their friends. It was a healthy mix of different classes. Of course, I couldn't really swim like everyone due to my bandages. I just hovered around the poolside and hung out with some other Class B guys.

"You dating anyone yet, Ayanokouji?" asked Miyamoto.

"Yeah, this is the summer of our dreams. After seeing most of the girls wearing swimsuits, you should at least grow some interest with one of them," commented Hondou.

"I mean, look at Hirata. He's having lots of fun with Karuizawa, ain't he?"

"Though they haven't been that flirty these days."

I tried thinking of a reply while watching Akito and Ken play around with some of our classmates.

"Hmm... Then I'll give you a preface to my answer," I said. "I kinda classified the relationship commitments in high school into two types. One of them's the 'fleeting type'. You date for some months, get to know each other, then break up if it doesn't work out. According to some people; it's a healthy way of expanding your social knowledge."

"And the second type?" asked Kikuchi.

"The other one's the 'all-in' type, I guess. You can say that it's the type with a more traditional or conservation outlook on romantic relationships."

"So, you're saying that you're the latter?" asked Ijuuin.

I nod in response.

"Ohh, so that's why you're taking this long. Ohoho, aren't you the pure type, Ayanokouji?" Hondou nudged me with a smirk.

To be honest, I don't really care too much about the type of commitments whatsoever...

I could always go with my typical "I just don't feel that way about anyone yet" reply, but their concerns make sense. It would've been fine if I was a loner that got along with no one, but I'm Class B's leader and I'm surrounded by a lot of amazing girls. Anyone in my position would have a crush or two, or even a girlfriend.

For now, I'm just trying to bide some time until I can really find a girl whom I want to date.

And besides... even if I find someone that I genuinely like... in the end, I'll...

"Ah, so you want your first girlfriend to be someone that you'd think of marrying in the future?" pondered Professor. "But wouldn't it be hard if your girlfriend was the one who wanted to break up with you?"

"Well, I guess marriage would be nice. But of course, even if I'm the 'all-in type', I'm aware that I won't be able to save my relationship if the other party wants out. It would still be better to break up and move on. No point in clinging to the relationship if you're the only one working for it," I replied.

"You'll be an obsessive stalker in the making if you push further," chuckled Onizuka.

"Sounds a lot like you."