Vol. 4: Chapter 12.1 - The Outcomes

It was roughly five minutes before the results are announced.

"Hey~!"

"Honami-chan! Hitomi-chan! Kanzaki-kun, too!"

Kikyou greeted our friends from Class C.

"I'm glad you could make it," said Horikita.

You could've smiled while saying that, you know?

"Oh, Karuizawa-san, hey there!"

"Hey, Ichinose-san." Karuizawa greeted her with a smile.

She stuck close to Hirata, indirectly telling everyone about her place.

This was probably the last time that our group would meet up like this. That said, three unexpected guests joined our little gathering.

"Would you look at that? It's a little afterparty. 'Care if we crash for a bit?"

"Ryuuen-kun, hey there," Ichinose greeted them normally. "Kaneda-kun and Ibuki-san, too."

Kikyou gently waved her hand to say hello as Karuizawa chose to ignore them. Meanwhile, Hirata and Tsube smiled normally in contrast to Horikita and Kanzaki who squinted their eyes in distrust.

"Kaneda... You did us good during the island exam." Kanzaki spoke with a heavy tone.

"Ah, Kanzaki-shi. I'm glad you remember me." Kaneda nodded gracefully. He didn't even feel pressured by Kanzaki's words.

"Now, now. Kaneda-kun helped us a lot when we were on the island. And he didn't do anything to harm our class, you know? We were just careless enough to get deceived. It's our fault for letting our guard down." Ichinose candidly butted in.

I'm sure she had something to say about their provisional points getting purged, but she also knew that this wasn't the time.

Kanzaki sighed, clearing his head with her words.

"That's true." He turned his sights to the obvious mastermind. "But we won't fall for your petty tricks next time, Ryuuen."

"Is that how you welcome other people? Seems like Class C's reputation of being the friendliest class is nothing but nonsense."

For someone who talked like he was taking offense, Ryuuen didn't look offended at all.

"Ehh? Do other classes see us like that? I'm honestly flattered." Ichinose received his mockery as a compliment. Her main purpose was obviously to dodge conflict, but I'd like to think that she was also genuinely gladdened. "That said, what brings you here? I'm assuming Horikita-san didn't invite you."

"Invite? When did I need to get invited to come here? This is a great spot to spend a nice evening." Ryuuen comfortably sat at the nearest table with Ibuki and Kaneda standing beside him. "I'm not too interested in seeing your reactions to the results. All of us should, more or less, know what they'll be at this point. However, I think your thoughts on it might entertain me for a bit. That's why I'm here."

His words made me look around the place. We were in a simple open-air cafe. The clouds began to disperse and the stars started to show themselves as I felt the night grow colder. This was indeed a great place to stay around this time.

It wasn't long until the time hit 11 o'clock. When we received the notification from the school, all of us checked our phones apart from Ryuuen and his two companions.

Rat: Outcome #3. The traitor answered correctly.

Cow: Outcome #3. The traitor answered correctly.

Tiger: Outcome #3. The traitor answered correctly.

Rabbit: Outcome #3. The traitor answered correctly.