Vol. 2: Chapter 6.1 - Culling

July 12th, Monday.

"I gotta give it to you guys. I can't believe your date was a success!" Miyamoto patted Ike's back.

"Heh, unlike Kanji, I have a lot of experience." Yamauchi bragged with a confident expression.

"Shut up, Haruki. I bet your hands were sweating all over."

"N-No, they weren't!"

Professor greeted me as I approach the five of them.

"My, if it isn't the Shadow Leader himself?"

Shadow Leader?

"Oh, that's a cool nickname, Professor!" Hondou jumped in.

"Heh, how about 'The Dark Hand Behind the Curtains'? Sounds pretty sick, right?"

"Oh! A wonderful suggestion, Soshi-dono. I shall add that to my database," Professor nodded in agreement.

"Stop calling me names so early in the morning..." I retorted.

I've been spending less time with the Ayanokouji Group, but I've explained the general idea of what's happening so my friends were fine with it. Frankly, I just want things to end quickly. We have our finals to worry about, for god's sake.

At that moment, a sound came from Ike's phone. Ike excitedly read the contents and his smile only widened after he finished.

"T-T-T-This is it!" he yelled reflexively.

"W-What the hell? What is it, Kanji?"

"Was it from Kinoshita-chan?"

"Look!" Ike turned his phone around so the screen will be clear for us to see.

(9:42) [Ike-kun...]
(9:42) [I have something to tell you after class. I'll be waiting for you behind Gymnasium #1. Please come alone. I'll be embarrassed if it's not just the two of us...]

Finally, huh?

"Holy shit, Kanji! She's gonna confess, isn't she?!" cried Yamauchi.

"I-I don't know! Probably?! Most likely?!" Everyone was getting swept up by the hyped atmosphere.

About a minute passed and Yamauchi's phone rang, too.

"K-Kanji, do you think-?"

"Ohh! Things are getting pretty spicy for you, huh, Kanji, Haruki?!" Miyamoto eagerly spoke.

Yamauchi showed us the contents of the message. They were fairly similar. However, Manabe asked him to come to the rooftop.

"I am happy for you, Kanji-dono, Haruki-dono," said Professor.

"Well, well. Let's not rush things. We never know what might happen..." I didn't want to be that guy, but they're getting too excited.

"What are you talking about, Ayanokouji?! These are obviously preludes to a romantic confession!" pressed Ike.

Apparently, they didn't even find anything weird about getting confessed to on the same day.

During lunch, I hung out with my friends along with Kikyou's group. The secret group chat that Miyamoto, Hondou, and I made was filled with shocked reactions from the two.

(9:51) [Holy crap!]
(9:51) [I can't believe it!] (Hondou)

(9:51) [You actually called, it Ayanokouji!]
(9:51) [You're insane!] (Miyamoto)

(9:51) [We can't be too sure.]
(9:51) [Let's just hope that these confessions will be normal.] (Ayanokouji)

(9:51) [Yeah, hopefully.]
(9:52) [But it's certainly weird.]
(9:52) [I didn't expect the two of them to confess at the same time.] (Miyamoto)