SS.11 - Kushida Kikyou: Regret and Relief

2nd Day, 3:27 PM.

"I think... I will go first, after all." Kokoro-chan's voice echoed throughout the tent's interior.

"Are you sure about this, Kokoro-chan?" asked Ryuuko-chan.

"Of course. I've always wanted to confess my feelings for Ayanokouji-kun since last month. I just haven't mustered up enough courage to do so."

"You're not forcing yourself, are you?" Kayoko-chan asked with concern. "I mean, we're just the same. I also decided to confess to him back then, right?"

"I'll be okay, Kayoko-chan. I like Ayanokouji-kun... I'm sure it'll be sad if he rejects me, but I want him to know how I feel. I'm ready to get hurt."

Kokoro-chan is amazing. She was usually one of the shy ones, but she even beat the girls on Karuizawa-san's group in terms of having a spine.

"You don't need to be so negative, Kokoro-chan. Nothing is set in stone, so you still have a chance."

That's what I say, but I almost know for certain that Kiyotaka-kun will reject her. With the grueling battle ahead, I'm sure he won't let anyone in his or my friend group get caught in the crossfire.

This island exam puts everything into perspective. If future class competitions are this complicated and large-scale, being in a relationship with someone might prove to be a mistake... This is especially true for Kiyotaka-kun, who's against the entirety of Class A and Class D's Ryuuen-kun.

Well, even if he does accept her confession and Kokoro-chan becomes his girlfriend, I'm sure Kiyotaka-kun will find a way to protect her while leading the class.

It'll be alright since it's him... I'll remain as his friend so I'll be alright, as well... That's right. I'll be alright...

"I mean, we all like him, to some degree. I'm sure Kikyou-chan's the same. She just doesn't want to admit it." Kayano-chan teased me with a grin.

"I-I've never denied anything, you know? I do like Kiyotaka-kun, but we only see each other as friends," I replied. "I've already said that before."

"We're not talking about that kind of like. We're talking about dating and flirting and stuff like that," she said.

"I want to go on a date with Ayanokouji-kun at least once." Ryuuko-chan daydreamed with a sigh.

"It'll be boring, you know? Kiyotaka-kun's not the type of guy who's good at that," I said.

"Hoh? Have you gone out with him before, Kikyou-chan?" Kayoko-chan asked with a smirk.

"Uh... A bunch of times, I guess."

And gasps of surprise ensued. Naturally, they all reacted in that way.

"And you never told us? Kikyou-chan, how shrewd~." Kayano-chan said sarcastically as she tugged my arm.

"A-As expected of Kikyou-chan... Uhm, how did they go...?" asked Mii-chan.

"It's normal and fun, I guess. But even if Kiyotaka-kun says he had fun, too... It doesn't really show in his face."

"Oh, yeah... We haven't really seen him smile genuinely, like how Hirata-kun does."

I initially thought that Hirata-kun was one of those fake guys, but he doesn't give off the same vibe as them. As a friend, I never thought someone like him could exist. I thought it was impossible for a guy like him to not have even a shred of ego.

But as a class, I think it's a good thing as long as we have Kiyotaka-kun. After all, if a guy like Hirata-kun leads us, we'll never get a leg up on any class. It's similar with Class C and Ichinose-san, but at least she has Kanzaki-kun on her side.