SS.5 - Delinquents

May 24th, Monday. It was a normal evening. The Ayanokouji Group was busy studying in my room...

"Phew! That part was tough," said Ken, as he passed his paper to me.

Akito and Airi look pretty drained. Meanwhile, Haruka was already laying her cheeks on the table.

"Let's take a quick break. Rest your brains for a few minutes before we continue," I said.

"Oh, nice!" Ken celebrated.

"Thanks, Kiyopon!" Haruka thanked me, her cheeks still planted on the table.

"How's your club going, Ken?" I asked.

"Oh, it's going pretty great. Even if I took a lot of time off, the seniors were still quite tolerant of me," Ken replied with a smile.

"I see. That's good, then." I turned to Akito. "How about you, Akito?"

"Everything's good in the archery club, too. The seniors and instructors were very lenient."

"Is shooting bows that fun, Miyacchi?" asked Haruka.

"H-Haruka-chan, I think they shoot arrows, not bows," said Airi.

"Ah, is that right? My bad, ehehe." Haruka giggled.

"Haha, Airi's right. And I think it's not about fun. I mean I am having fun. I wouldn't do it if it doesn't. But it calms me down more than anything. My mind is at its most focused when I'm doing archery," explained Akito.

"I wonder if that's how Ken-kun and Kiyotaka-kun feel when they're swimming or playing basketball..." Airi mused.

"Hmm... Maybe?" I answered.

"Well, Airi's completely on point in my case. I get pissed off really easily but when it comes to basketball, I tend to think logically way more than I normally do." Ken explained with a wondering expression.

"I hope you adopt that mindset in your everyday life. Even if you're alright to the people in our class, you still got a pretty bad reputation outside," I said.

"That's true. There were a lot of times when I needed to forcefully drag you away because you were about to lash out at some random student." Akito scoffed, giving Ken a side glance.

"S-Shut up! I'm trying my best, okay?!" Ken said with a slightly embarrassed expression.

"Now that I think about it, aren't you two the same-- being former delinquents and all?" Haruka said.

"Eh? You were a delinquent, Akito?" Ken asked.

"Ugh... You know I don't like talking about that, Haruka." Akito sighed in exhaustion.

"So Akito-kun is good at fighting too?" asked Airi.

"I didn't expect that," I commented.

"Hahaha, isn't it fine to tell everyone, Miyacchi? You've changed already, anyway." Haruka tapped his back with a smile.

"Well yeah, I was a delinquent, but I wasn't really the top dog in our middle school or anything like that," he narrated.

"But you can probably still hold your own in a fight, right?" asked Ken.

"I guess so. I'm not a wimp like Ike or Yamauchi," Akito answered with a shrug.

"Hahaha! You really did 'em some. It's true, though. Those two would probably just turn tail and run during a fight. Add Hondou in there, too." Ken snickered with a huff.

"Ugh... All those perverts did back then was ogle my boobs..." Haruka looked like she just remembered something disgusting.

"I-I was wondering if Ken-kun and Akito-kun were to fight, who would win?" Airi, who didn't seem fond of talking about those guys, changed the topic.