2 - Interview

Maya

I was surfing the web to gather information about Ajay Sharma when I found loads of news articles about him, but it appears that he seldom speaks about his personal life. It can make it hard for me to contact him and just then, I saw his picture in an advertisement. 

He looked stunning; maybe because of his killer smile or his sharp features. In a nutshell, he was so handsome. Somehow, I found him oddly familiar. Did I see him somewhere before? 

While I was looking at my screen, out of nowhere, Ayushi cried out my name, scaring me to death. " W...what happened?" I asked her, catching my breath. 

She replied with excitement, " I saved your job and also you will get to meet the heartthrob of millions of girls. You are so damn lucky. If I weren't stuck with that programme, I would have taken this opportunity. But I am sure you will take this interview in a much better way. Treat me to lunch later." 

"But I have to research about him and his achievements because I am hearing about him for the first time. Plus it's so difficult to find his contact info."

"What? Don't you know about him? Were you living under a rock? How come you don't know him?" Ayushi said, looking shocked. 

Not knowing how to react, I stayed quiet while Ayushi told me that he is a popular star after the grand success of his second movie. He was not a lead actor there yet made an exceptional mark in the movie. His looks and potential as an actor both are the most attractive traits. People were craving to watch him as the leading actor. 

Ayushi continued, "Yesterday, the trailer of his new movie was released, where he will play the lead role. This is the centre of everyone's attention nowadays." He is the new, popular star and the talk of the town. I realised that it is going to be quite difficult to have an interview with him, forget about 'the exclusive interview'. 

I have no other choice, so I decide to research his achievements a little more and note down the questions, which he would like to answer and which people would like to know because the whole thing fell on my shoulders and it looks like everyone is busy with their own programmes. Finally, I found the contact number of his manager who informed me that he is going to have a press meet tomorrow regarding his new movie. 

I was quite nervous but at the same time, I was excited to see him in person and take his interview. As I stared at his picture on my computer screen, conflicting thoughts and emotions kept running in my mind. Why do I feel so uneasy about this?

What can it be? 

As I was pondering upon my thoughts, my phone started vibrating loudly. It was Pranav. I picked it up when he greeted me playfully, "Hello ma'am. Can I have the pleasure to talk to my monkey? " 

"Hey, don't you dare call me that! " I hated this name, but it is cute whenever he calls me that. 

"Okay, now tell me your problem." 

I was shocked at how he got to know that I was nervous. I decided to tell him the truth, in case he ends up reading my mind. " It's about an interview with the actor, Ajay Sharma. I am hearing about him for the first time and he is such a popular actor. I am feeling quite nervous. " 

" Ajay Sharma?! Wasn't he, our neighbour?" He asked me curiously to which I chuckled and replied, " How can he be the actor, Ajay Sharma? Him sharing the same name doesn't make him the same person." As I said this, I started laughing aloud, thinking about him. 

" Do you remember, he was Mom's favourite?" 

" Yeah, for him I had to suffer a lot! " We talked for a few more minutes before he hung up the call.