47- Long Distance Love

A month later

"Maya, come fast!" The horn blew loud as Maya rushed towards the lift, carrying her handbag. She almost forgot her phone at the charging point but she took it out on time. 

"Be careful. This is what happens when you get up late." Pranav complained as he gave me the tiffin bag and water bottle which she had forgotten to take like any other day. 

"Don't lecture me. I am leaving now. Bye…" Maya didn't have any time. She stuffed her mouth with the bread and ran like a crazy athlete down the stairs. Her day had to start badly with the lift once again betraying her like any day. She was so done with this piece of junk. 

While running, she almost tripped over the steps yet somehow managed to handle it. "Ugh, I am already having a bad day." She bit her lips before rushing over towards the gate. 

Her eyes caught the green car and the man standing next to it. He quickly opened the door as she dashed into the car. She kept the bags behind and pulled her hair into a high knot. 

After this, she finally heaved a sigh, feeling relieved after that whole Monday morning mess. 

"So, you slept in again?" Ishaan asked, putting off his sunglasses.

Maya chewed on her bread and said, "Well… yeah. I hate Monday mornings for a reason." She yawned, stretching her body, feeling her joints aching. "I could've done with some more sleep." 

"Wake up and take this." He passed her a piece of paper. 

"This is…" Her eyes went wide as she looked at him. Ishaan didn't look back at her, his eyes focused on the road. 

He smiled and replied, "It is the agreement form of DS management. They would like to meet you and personally talk to you." 

"Thank you so much." Maya didn't have words to explain her happiness. She was finally signing into the DS entertainment agency which manages so many stars including Ajay and Ishaan.

"Come on, what did I do? I just recommended you so you will have no problem there. It's good you decided to have a manager now. Make sure to submit this form. Remember to read the guidelines. They are quite professional in fooling people. Once you get stuck in the management issues, it will become a problem." 

Maya nodded vigorously, looking at the agreement form. She was also going to have a manager like any other film actor.

★★★

"We are truly happy to have you with us." The old man gave a kind smile as Maya bowed happily. 

"Thank you so much, sir." She was completely excited about this whole thing. 

Maya bowed once again and shaped hands with him before leaving the room. "Yes!" She uttered, raising her fist in the air, celebrating her new success. 

"Should I call Ajay and tell him?" She thought, taking out her phone. Her eyes flickered and her fingers wriggled over the buttons, hesitant about whether she was going to disturb him or not. 

Nevertheless, she called him. 

"Hello, Ajay?"

She could hear all kinds of sounds and loud music playing on the other side of the phone. "Yes, Maya, can you hear me?" She heard him yell from the other end. 

"Where are you? What is this sound?" 

"What? I can't hear." He yelled again which made her put her phone a little away from her to avoid hurting her ears. 

"I am asking where you are and what is this sound?" This time, she yelled as well, catching the eyes of the people around her in the management agency.