50- Make the Choice

Maya

Today was beautiful. 

The morning air smelled better today as I hummed in happiness. "That was fun!" I spread out my hands and legs, banging my fist on the bed, covering myself up with the bed sheet. 

I smirked mischievously, peeking through the bed sheet. Playing with Ajay was the best thing to do early in the morning. 

I walked towards the dining to see the cheesy couple wearing those pink and blue matching couple dresses, sickening me to the skin. They were too busy cutting fruits and giving nose kisses to each other. 

"Why are you doing this in the dining place?" I sighed. "And what is that dress?" I was feeling wriggly in my stomach, watching them going over the top with this couple stuff. 

Pranav and Ayushi squinted their eyes at me as if I committed a crime. They pouted and announced, "This is cute!" 

I internally groaned and picked up a piece of guava. I slumped against the cushions with a smile floating on my face. Soon enough, thinking about Ajay, I couldn't stop laughing. 

"What the— I got scared! Don't laugh like that, it's scary!" Pranav exclaimed on hearing my voice. 

My laughter ceased as I gave him a deadly glare. "You must be crazy." 

At this moment, he knew he messed it up. He turned away, slowly pretending like he never exists. 

"You seem to be in a good mood today. Is it because of Ajay?" Ayushi asked, smirking and teasing me like anything.

"Yeah… I pretended like I didn't know it was his birthday today." I laughed like a silly fool when they both stared at each other in shock.

"So… today is his birthday?" 

"So… you didn't wish him?" 

They both asked different questions together. Ayushi looked at Pranav for a second longer than it was supposed to and then asked him, "You didn't know today was his birthday?" 

He blinked and shook his head steadily, observing our shocked faces. "How would I know?" He looked down and the next second he turned to me. "You must know it!" 

"What? I already know today is his birthday." On hearing that, he went speechless. He had no idea what to say next. He pulled out his phone and said, "I am wishing him right now!" 

He excused himself, leaving me with Ayushi who pounced upon me with innumerable questions. "Are you insane right now? Just wish him! You should have wished early in the morning. What is this?" 

"I want to give him a surprise." 

Her already wide eyes stared at me, calmly. "Surprise?" 

I nodded when my phone rang loudly. "Hello, Sarah?" 

"Job done, Maya. The surprise present is ready! They will deliver it by the evening." She announced over the phone. 

I jumped in joy. "Thank you, Sarah." I expressed my overflowing joy and gratitude. After hanging up, I leaned back feeling all relaxed. 

"What is the surprise present?" Ayushi asked, curiously. 

I chuckled and whispered, "It's… a surprise!" She grimaced at me, throwing a pillow straight towards me. She shook her head as if she was done dealing with my tactics. 

I just wish everything goes according to my plans.

★★★

"I had a question for Maya. How was it working in your debut film and how did it feel?" An interviewer asked.