32- Keyring made of promises

Maya

We finally reached Lucknow after the day’s journey. The whole night I was tossing around still pondering about Ajay and my promise to be friends.

Did I overdo it? Argh... I am doomed.

Now that I think of it, staying friends without any arguments that too with Ajay seems too much impossible.

You brought it to yourself. Don't sulk, my subconscious mocked.

Anyway, I can't help that anyway.

Just then, my phone vibrated and I picked up the call. "Hello, Ayushi," I said, getting off the train. 

" You reached safely, right?" 

" Yeah. How are you all?" 

" First class. Pranav and I were playing with Cookie and we also fed her, so tell Ajay to not worry. What about you? " She asked and I could hear Pranav's voice as he must be playing with Cookie.

" Looks like Sarah and you became quite close. Or else Sarah won't trust Cookie to just anyone." 

" You know, I am special and not just anyone." I nodded at her confident voice.

" I am missing you all so much."

" By the way, we are not even missing," Ayushi stated, heartlessly.

" Ah, I should have known better. Fudge." She laughed mercilessly before hanging up the call.

I got down on the station when I looked around to find a huge crowd of the whole film team taking care of the media. I observed all the people, attempting to search for the man I have been thinking about the whole night.

For a second, I got worried but all of a sudden, I felt an arm encircling my shoulders and I turned, startled to see Ajay, smiling. His hair was a little messed up unlike usual but somehow it looked good on him. I turned towards his hand, feeling the same tingling as yesterday.

As if he noticed what was wrong, he took back his arm, distancing our frames and rubbed his hands on his hair, messing it up more.

He looks devilishly handsome when is he acts shy.

Get a hold, Maya.

I blink rapidly to snap myself out of such thoughts. We all slowly came out of the station and got inside the booked cars. I wanted to sit with Ajay but somehow, Raghav sir and Ramesh sir were willing to take him with them.

" But you both go… I can come in the next car—," Ajay said but got cut off by Ramesh sir. "No, it's okay, we can talk the whole way." 

He gave me a meaningful smile and Raghav sir gave a 'not-sorry' look before getting in the car. I laughed at them as Ajay tried protesting a few more times, throwing his hands up in the air as an attempt to get out of their hold but it was all in vain. 

" Let's go," Rajiv sir said and I nodded, getting in the next car with him. I was nervous and worried about sitting with him. I remember how I behaved rudely when he told me how he wanted to show the world a flawless skin shade and texture just to maintain society's beauty standards. I am still upset with his comment but anyway he is senior to me and I should have acted wisely.

I gulped slowly, thinking if he is still upset with me about the matter. We did our shoot earlier but we never had a proper talk other than shoot stuff. I never thought he would be angry but who knows?

“Sorry, sir,” I mumbled, suddenly much to his surprise. He turned towards me and I felt the urge to explain to him and give a proper apology. “Sir, actually about that day… I didn't want to react that way but somehow it came out like that… Can you please forgive me?”