6 - Invitation to a Party

Maya

I was standing just in front of Ishaan. I expected him to say something but unlike my thoughts, he stood in silence without uttering a word. I hate myself for the random thoughts crossing my mind. He sure has dreamy eyes to make me forget everything.

It was weird because of two reasons. One is the long awkward silence and the other is the headache, Ajay, who was continuously staring at us in a not-at-all-pleased manner. 

As if the world was inclined to break our sweet yet awkward eye contact, someone shouted, "Pack up." We both looked away in the direction of the shout. There was a hassle around. Everyone was hurriedly packing up all the accessories. 

I noticed the familiar faces whom I had only seen on the silver screen or the television of my home. Among all of them, I saw Sarah Desai, the renowned actress, and gorgeous diva. Quoting the words straight from the Vogue India magazine, "The Bollywood Diva on the Spotlight." She has a joyful aura and her facial expressions leave a special mark on her movies. Although I am not a crazy fan, I can't disagree that I love her acting a lot. 

As my eyes shifted from her, I saw Ajay and Ishaan talking in a very friendly tone. Surely, it makes sense as they might know professionally or maybe more than that. I was standing still like an outcast.

"You both have to come to the party tomorrow. It will be so much fun," Ishaan told Ajay and Sarah Ma'am, who came towards them after having a chat with the producer. 

"I will surely come. I have this urge to break some floors. It's been too tiring these days. It would be awesome to have a party," Sarah Ma'am shouted enthusiastically. 

"Wow, pay me the repair cost in advance if you plan to break my floors. I accept money only in cheque," Ishaan replied with a very serious face, while Sarah playfully nudged his shoulder. 

I smiled at their innocence and cuteness when I noticed Ishaan looking at me with a strange look. I waved at him mouthing 'hi' but he didn't react and only turned away as if I was invisible.

I was confused. Did he forget me? But how could he after he confessed to me? Although it was just a shoot, he had caught me off guard.

"And what about you Ajay? I bet you won't come, right?" Ishaan asked, completely ignoring me. 

Can't he reply or at least react? Or maybe he doesn't feel it is necessary to talk to me. How rude!  

I turned away and then was just about to leave the place when a voice interrupted my actions.

"You concluded I am rude, didn't you? Were you bad-mouthing me? " 

I looked up to see Ishaan standing in front of me, leaning on the wall beside him with arms crossed. He was looking at me suspiciously with slanted eyes and head tilted slightly.

He brought his face closer to mine, examining something on my face. My mind was roaming with random thoughts. It was sending me continuous alert messages to control my racing heart. 

"Why don't you say anything? You did want me to talk to you. So, when I am talking to you now you should reply and talk as well," he said, pulling his face away and smiling at me.

Oh please! don't smile like that. Someone, please save my heart. 

"Oh, sure. I... eh...by the way, What did you ask in the first place?" That smile paralyzed my senses.

You are such a stupid, Maya! —A part of my brain shouted.

I was making myself look like a fool in front of him. But ok, it was his fault to look so good. He didn't say anything for a moment and broke into a laugh the next second. " You are really funny. You should do something about your poor memory. Anyways, I was just telling you to talk casually."