25- Birthday Ride

Ajay

I kept staring at my bandaged hand, deeply noticing my injured fingers. It's been 24 hours since the incident but it was still fresh inside my mind.

"You are acting as if it's been 24 years. Grow up, Ajay," my brain mocked me.

I slapped my forehead with the other hand recalling the time when she almost tripped over the stone. I held the back of her head to prevent her head from hitting the high wall behind her. Well, in the process my fingers got injured. Why did I do that? Why do I care?

Every time I try to ask the questions and find their answers, I don't know why but I just get involved with them more and more. Getting entangled between truths and lies.

We made everything fake. Our love on camera, our couple photoshoots and even when we smiled on camera together. Everything was a lie. A show. So why am I feeling like this?

I shouldn't feel this way when I had devoted my entire life to avoid her.

I even thought we could make up but as Maya said, we should stay by the rules, by the fact that we are soul enemies. I guess that's best for us.

My phone vibrated and I picked it up to see it was my assistant, Dev.

" Sir, I am on my way to your place. Are you still there in Parvati buildings?"

" Yeah, I am here."

" Ok sir, I am coming."

" Yes, okay. Take your time." I hung up the call and instantly I was reminded of Maya. It was because of her that I came here but more because of my own reasons. I wanted my parents to stop nagging me about her. But is the reason still the same?

I turned to see Cookie sleeping upside down and pouting to grab my attention. I gave a smile and hugged her as she licked my face with all her pleasure. "Cookie, my sweet baby. Do you want to eat something?"

After feeding her the food, I looked at the clock to check the time. It was almost the shoot time. I soon changed myself to my casual t-shirt and jeans. My phone buzzed loudly, grabbing my attention.

" Hello, Today is Ishaan's birthday. Are you aware of that?" Sarah asked on the other end of the line.

" Oh. I didn't know that." I giggled, pretending to know nothing. How could I not know? I even wished him early in the morning.

" You can't be serious!" Her voice came out loud and shocked. I laughed aloud at her serious tone.

" Just kidding. I already wished him."

She heaved a sigh of relief and said, "That stupid boy didn't feel it important to tell me. Hey, you remember about the birthday bash party, right?" She was squealing and excitement dripped from her voice.

" Yes but you sound more excited than him on his birthday."

" Of course. I am always there for free food," she said in her serious tone. Soon, we both were laughing out loud when I heard the sound of the doorbell.

" Hey, I am hanging up. Let's meet at night." I hung up the call, turning towards the door. I was caught off guard when I saw Maya rushing into the house.

" W...what are you doing here? And I... told you to not get inside like that," I stuttered, unable to form my words.

She frowned, " I rang the doorbell but you didn't respond so, I thought you died because of the injury." She kept a straight face, glancing at me.

" Very funny. No one dies like that. What are you?" I glared at her while she was doing the same thing. I really hate when one doesn't mind about the other person's space. This is why we can never be good.