4 - Love at first sight?

Maya

The next morning, I got up early and reached the same venue before time. Prakash didn't come as our boss wanted him in office. I was sitting on a bench in front of the entrance when my phone buzzed. It was a message from Ajay. I wanted to ignore it when it buzzed again. 

I opened my WhatsApp and the message read, 

A slight change in the plan. Meet me in the film studio. It is like a 15-minute walk from where we were supposed to meet. You better run and come. I won't wait.

My lips parted and my eyes widened after seeing the message. I don't want to follow his instructions but to save my job, I have to. I typed down my message.

I won't go.

But he made up his mind to irritate me. He didn't check any of my messages, leaving me no option. I took the camera and my bag. There were no taxis, so I decided to walk to the studio. 

After some time, I was in front of a high-storeyed building. People were busy and actively involved in all sorts of work. Some were showing their IDs to get inside. I knew they wouldn't allow a reporter without the proper information. I dialled Ajay's number and waited for him to respond. " Hey, how will I come inside?" I asked him as soon as he accepted the call. 

" Tell the person who is in charge of checking and hand him the phone," he said in the usual cold tone. After talking with him, the person had let me in. 

I looked around the place and my lips curled up as I was too delighted to see the studio. I felt tears welling up. Years ago when I had the chance to go after my dreams, I had been a weak girl and had to accept the decision of my parents. 

I shook away all the thoughts in my head and got inside the building. After wandering about the place for a while, I asked the receptionist who told me to go to the fourth floor. As I reached, I spotted the cameras and lights. The man, sitting on the director's chair, directed the scene while saying the three golden words; the most important three words for an actor.

LIGHTS. CAMERA. ACTION. 

And there was the jerk… Ajay, who was standing on the stage. He was wearing a purple jacket and a peach T-shirt. He placed his hands under his chin as he looked up at the camera. I hate to admit but he looked handsome. 

I bit my lower lips cursing myself for staring and appreciating his looks. I looked away and found myself a seat. He came to me after completing the shoot and sat beside me. "Am I looking very attractive? " he asked, which made me look at him with astonishment. Did he read my mind? No way. "What happened? It looks like you were really appreciating my looks, " he said with an annoying smirk on his face. 

" Don't be so self-obsessed, you zoo gorilla," I said, trying hard to suppress my laugh. His face became blank. He opened his mouth to say something but closed it immediately. With that 1 point goes to Maya. I was laughing like a fool feeling too happy. 

Ajay got up from the seat and said,'' Miss Day-dreamer, do you even remember why you came here? " 

" Of course, for the interview." 

Wait—Miss Day-dreamer? 

" Great. Come to my vanity once you are done with your dreams," he said and walked away before I could say anything. Rolling my eyes, I grabbed my bag and followed behind him. I badly wanted to punch his face. However, I was helpless. 

Soon, we reached the vanity van. It was way bigger and luxurious inside than it looked from outside. I was in awe as my eyes went around the vanity. It was more like a 5-star hotel for me. I had never been to somewhere as luxurious as this vanity van. I tried hard not to react but it was likely that everything was printed on my face. I felt his gaze upon my face and turned to find him smirking at me. "You have never been to a vanity van before, right?"