54- Loved you

Author's POV

"I learnt something more." Priya played with her fingers as she talked over the phone. "Looks like Rajiv sir knows something that once revealed will damage the image of Alisha ma'am."

"Really?" Maya bit her nails with her teeth as she thought about it. "Anything else?"

"Yeah... I heard she is everything today because of her husband. Does Ishaan know something about it?"

"I don't know." She sat up, leaning against her bedside.

"Okay... I will try finding more things. But you better delete those pictures." On hearing that, she hung up the call. Not so soon.

She thought hard if she could recall anything that he might have said but nothing came to her mind. It was blank like her future.

Just then, a message popped up on her phone screen.

Ishaan

Be ready to go out today. Remember the plan.

Looking at the screen, Maya took a deep breath in and replied to him with a yes. It's about time that they start on with their plan. She may even get the time to know about the matter of his mother. She can swear she was too curious but she never dared to ask him about that.

As she kept thinking hard, the delicious aroma hit her nose. She rushed over to the dining area. Let me just eat first.

★★★

Maya

After having breakfast with Ajay, I got ready for the day out with Ishaan. According to the plan, Ajay would come down and I would avoid him, playing my role. Priya would guide the guards to capture this whole thing and after some time of following me and Ishaan, she would call them and tell them to get back so that we can then stop the act.

I turned around to see the guards still hovering around the place. Wearing the most unnoticeable kind of dress, I stood by, waiting for Ishaan. Soon enough, his green car parked in front of me. He rolled down the windows and said, "Hey, come inside."

I smiled and was about to go inside when I noticed Ajay coming down the stairs. As planned, I avoided meeting eyes with him, quickly getting inside Ishaan's car.

As the car started, I looked at his figure in the mirror and waved at him in a way that no one noticed. I noticed him making a weird kind of face. Right then, I looked at my phone to see his message.

Don't roam about with him for long.

I giggled at his message and turned to the mirror to still see his little figure till it disappeared out of my sight.

I replied to him. Are you jealous?

Soon enough, his reply came. He had typed a 'Yes' with a sticker of a bear standing with his arms crossed. I couldn't stop giggling at his cuteness.

"Will you call Priya for me?" Ishaan asked, breaking my trance.

"I called her earlier. She told me she will tell them to stop following after a while." Ishaan checked the mirror to see them following.

"Okay, then let's go to the movies," Ishaan said, putting up the music in the car. He kept an eye on the guards who were following them. It was terribly sickening.

"No... too many people. Let's go to the orphanage. I wanted to go there." Ishaan looked at me at the mention of the orphanage. A smile formed over his face as if he wanted to go there as well. "Let's do that." Saying that, he switched the lanes and pulled on the accelerator, speeding up the car.