Epilogue

6 years later

The number one rule of putting on a marriage proposal is the confidence that Ajay lacked right now.

His hands constantly tapped on the bench while his legs kept shaking, thinking about the consequences of this.

"Stop shaking your legs like that, will you?" Sarah shouted as she couldn't think straight due to his constantly shaking legs. It somehow was getting on her nerves.

Ajay stopped immediately, not wanting to ruin his tutor's mood.

"So, getting back on the plan, let's see this." She pointed at a sheet of paper where she prepared her notes.

Marriage Proposal

• Flowers, Flowers and Flowers
• Candle night dinner
• Propose with the speech

"Don't forget any of them and you better not stammer while giving the speech. Then, it will be alright." Sarah crossed her legs, waiting for his answer.

Ajay sat still as if he was in the middle of a deep thought. As his eyes went wide, Sarah slowly judged him out of his trance. "Ajay?"

No sooner did she call his name than he jumped out of his thoughts, screaming out loud. "White tunnels!"

Sarah felt like her heart was about to come out at his screaming. Calming down her racing heartbeat, she screamed at him, "What's wrong?!"

He looked around, letting out a sigh of relief. "I just saw... Maya punching... me to death," he stammered. Gulping down his fear for a little while, he mumbled, "Let's drop this idea. Okay?" He was about to stand up when Ishaan pushed him down on his seat.

He had earlier gone out to instruct the staff of the cafeteria on preparing the dinner date for them and to make the surprise present for the main woman of the night.

"Why are you so scared? Be a man. We will be going over there." He pointed at the corner made by the intersection of two walls.

Sarah checked her phone for the time. "Hey, it's time for her arrival." Saying this, she pulled Ishaan along with her to hide in the corner which was about two metres away from their dinner table.

Ajay waited anxiously, his eyes steadily looking around artificial Greenland with only their table at the centre. He was sitting on the rooftop of a five-star cafeteria which opened recently. While waiting, he revised his plan once again.

He looked at the people who were supposed to greet Maya with flowers upon her arrival.

Soon enough, he heard her voice. "Ugh...I definitely said no to him..." Her voice indicated her mood was always messed up.

Turning around, he stopped the people in time before they could throw the flowers at her. "Ajay...what's wrong?" She asked, seeing his worried face, almost as if something could've gone wrong but thankfully, didn't.

"No, nothing...Sit here." He mumbled, wiping the sweat beads off his forehead. "You look pissed off. Something happened at work?"

Maya kept her bag aside. "That award show manager is getting on my nerves. Everyone knows that they are in the business of 'selling' awards. Even then, he is trying to sweet-talk me into this. Such a jerk!" She grunted, pulling her hair in a high knot.

Finally, pulling herself together, she let her lips curve in a smile. "Those are daily stuff. But what about you? That must've been a great deal of work." She eyed the empty rooftop decorated with hanging lights around the walls which were covered with balloons