52- The Game of Hearts

Author's POV

She sat quietly, staring at her phone endlessly. Her phone was working when it was getting charged but it still was a problem to use because it was already broken. It would have been better to get it repaired but she didn't even get the time to repair it.

Her face was pale and her eyes were puffy. As she felt her head bursting in pain, she went inside her room and chugged down a pain-relieving tablet.

"Maya! Come out right now!" The scream alarmed her. She turned to her clock before running to the dining room.

Ayushi looked shocked as she showed her the news.

Are Ishaan and Maya having an affair?

As the words glared at her, she saw the picture along with it. Her eyes were wide as she turned to Pranav who gave her a blank look.

"What is this Maya?" Ayushi was shocked, her face turning pale with every passing second.

"This is not it. I... don't know..." Maya uttered weakly.

"What about Ajay? Did you both fight or something? Tell us!" She yelled, gathering everyone's attention in the room.

"This is a rumour... I swear." Maya couldn't think. Her mind got clogged after seeing all the hate comments from Ajay and Ishaan's fans.

"Maya, is it really false?"

"I am telling you."

Ayushi sat back on the chair. She quickly took her phone and called her team manager. "That jerk must have a death wish."

"Be careful. He is your senior." Pranav spoke after a long time.

"He is not even responding." Ayushi stomped her feet in rage. She looked at Maya and said, "Go and clear this with Ajay and Ishaan. These kinds of rumours can be bad. And what about your manager? Tell him about this." Ayushi got hyper as it was in her nature.

"I... can't call Ajay."

At that moment, Pranav and Ayushi both stared at her. "We broke up." As if the world dropped on Ayushi's shoulders, she fell back on the sofa, her jaws dropped and eyes widened.

"Are you crazy? What?!" She gave me all kinds of looks. She held her neck and stood up. "So... you're telling me you broke up yesterday on his birthday. And then this happened." She pointed to the picture on the screen. "Ishaan hugged you for consoling you. Right?"

"Not really but... never mind."

"What!" Ayushi yelled once again, scaring the shit out of us. "Then are you dating Ishaan?"

"No. Why would you think like that?" Maya didn't want to bring up this topic but no matter how much she avoids it, this topic comes bubbling up for some reason.

"I am done with this, please. I am going to talk to my manager." Maya left to get her old phone when Ayushi chuckled humorlessly. "What is she trying to do?"

"Leave her for some time. She looks too pale from yesterday. Do you think it can be posted by your colleague?" Pranav changed the topic very smoothly.

"Yes. It must be him, seeing the news first came on our online account. But we still have to wait. I must get a hold of him. I am leaving for the company." Ayushi took her phone and was about to get in her room to get changed when Pranav stopped her. "Are you sure?"

"I am positive. He must be working for both sides. He might also bag the appraisal this way. I can't let him continue his game. Don't worry, I will handle this."