13- A Few Secrets

Maya

I stood like a rock with horror in my eyes as I saw the wine flowing down the broken glass. I turned to see Ajay looking as if this was not new to him.

Ishaan dashed out of the room and after a brief moment, Alisha ma'am too left the room. My eyes shifted towards Sarah, who looked worried more than shocked.

" Nothing happened here. Carry on with the party." A familiar voice breaks through the tension in the air. I turned to see Raghav sir standing with an indifferent face.

I slowly learnt that it wasn't the first time that they fought like that. It was not a completely new thing for them so they didn't react as much as I did. When Sarah explained the whole scenario, things became crystal clear for me.

Alisha ma'am has always been an independent woman who could break all limits to establish her career. She has a unique personality, a strong aura; one which can make people uncomfortable. As everyone knows, marriage comes with a load of responsibility and commitment. Her family responsibility came in between her job, her career.

That is when things broke between her and her family. She kept herself busy with her production company and her work as an actress turned out to be the barrier between her relationship with Ishaan.

"...Ishaan lived almost all his life alone. I can understand how hard his life was. I have seen him from my very childhood. It wasn't anyone's fault, not Ishaan's nor aunty's. Both of them are suffering."

I turned and dashed out of the room to search Ishaan. I could hear urgent calling sounds but that didn't matter to me. All I wanted was to see whether Ishaan is fine or not. While running, I came across a huge balcony.

The whole balcony was quiet, giving me some eerie feeling. The slow breeze made the curtains twirl around as I made my way in between them. I can't care less about their presence. 

As I kept running, I bumped into someone and fell to the ground. The clips that were tying my hair loosened, letting my long hair fall all over my face.

" What are you doing? Don't you have eyes?" The girl shouted at the top of her lungs. The empty balcony appeared to almost echo those words back to her. I somehow tied my hair and stood up on my feet to face that girl.

If it was my fault then it was equally her fault too. She could have watched her steps.

But soon enough both of our eyes went wide in recognition. Priya.

At that moment, my life paused for a second. I never thought that my past would come back in front of me like this.

" Maya? You?" Her shock was clear from her voice. She collected herself and coughed a dry laugh. " We meet once again, huh?"

As if I wanted to.

" What are you doing here?" I asked with gritted teeth.

She turned and checked the balcony and then confusingly pointed to herself, saying," Were you asking me? Sorry, I thought that was what I needed to ask you."

I should have thought about this before. How could I forget that she is an actress!? It is obvious she came here.

Seeing her attitude and her audacity to face me this way reminded me of those jerks in the fiction world who never learn their lesson. What does she think? I'll just stand and watch her, bowing low in front of her? No way.

" So...you are still not satisfied, right? Still planning to trap innocent people?"

" I didn't trap anyone, Maya. It is just that the girl was so blind in someone's love that she wasn't able to see what was important." Her words were directly pointing at me but this time I can't deny it wholly. Maybe, it was, after all, my fault.