42- Not all are roses

Author's POV 

Running. That's all Ishaan has been doing in his life. 

He could only think of that one way when he was left alone to take care of himself; when he had to compromise on his emotions and when he heard the news of his father's demise from the media. 

People think it's fascinating to be the son of the Kapoor family, to have Alisha Kapoor and Dewaan Kapoor as his parents. They see his so-called royal lifestyle that is glorified in front of the camera. The rich building, the rich cars and the surname that he bears makes everyone think that he got everything one can ever desire. Everything that a middle class person could ever dream of.

If only he could say that the glamour world without its veil looks uglier than anyone can imagine.

That's why if people asks him what it feels like to be a starkid, he would say it's ugly, if only he could be honest. For Ishaan, it's not anything like movies. It feels like being supposedly free when you are actually caged. It feels like being watched over every single time. It just feels hopeless. 

At the end of the day, you sit in front of the mirror, asking yourself how many lies you told today.

But it's too old a story to talk about. It's been like this since his birth. So what is the use of grumbling now?

Ishaan asked, "What is it now?" He made it sound nonchalant but honestly, he was more scared. 

He was scared to lose someone yet again. He was scared but he knew it is never right to show your weakness in front of the world. 

"Do you talk to your mother like that?"The dominant voice of his mother resonated across the gray shaded walls. 

By this time, he had lost happy memories with her mother, he has no idea even if he had any good memories with her. Covering up his wounds with lies, that's all he had been doing. 

He still might have them somewhere, beneath the veil of falsehoods. It's just that he is not aware of it. His first memory of her mother is when she told him to cover up all his feelings because the world is looking at my every word, every step and every action. 

"I don't have time for this show. Can you please get to the point? You were the one who sent that dress to her, right?"He raised his eyes to look at her. 

She chuckled,"Which dress? Oh, that… Hmm. I just wanted to give her something as a gift. Does that sound okay?" Her devilish nature was quite opposite to the falsely created person in front of the camera. 

Who would know that the woman, supposedly a female right activist and a social worker for orphans is just the satan in disguise? 

Ishaan pursued his lips and coughed a dry laugh. "I don't think you ever gifted someone for no reason. What is your ulterior motive?"

"You seem to have grown up, my son. Then you should be considering what I said earlier."

He rolled his eyes and chugged down the wine from the glass kept on the table in front. 

He felt like his head would burst out if he kept on talking with her.

"I am leaving," Ishaan said, picking up his phone when she pressed on the remote and soon, he could hear her cheerful giggle. Maya.

Ishaan turned to the screen to see them together smiling and giggling while roaming around the treehouse on his birthday.

Fear settled inside him. His eyes protruded as he looked at her evil smile. "Aww… so cute!" She exclaimed with a delighted face.