40- Lights, Camera, Love

Maya

I ran down the stairway, my long magenta dress rolling over the floor, my hair cascading over my waist, a few strands falling over my face but I couldn't care less about that. My heart raced faster as I kept on running. 

The footsteps behind me grew louder and faster as if ready to catch me anytime. The night enveloped in the cotton white clouds slowly embraced me in its form. My legs were shaking due to the tension in the air.

I still kept on my pace. I can't afford to halt.

I have to go to him. 

Screams reverberated but if I stopped now then I knew that would make all of the struggles go to waste. All this time will go in vain. 

Like a video game, I should win this round to qualify for the finals or else I will be sent back to round one. Just the thought was enough to make me shiver. 

Exhausted by the whole drama, my head reeled. But the screams never stopped. It just got louder and louder, approaching closer. I need to keep on. But my knees failed to listen to my request. It felt weak.

As I was about to fall, a strong hand gripped mine tightly as ever. My eyes strived hard to stay open. Soon, his hands pulled me into a corner made by two houses. Our chests collided as my body was pinned against the wall. 

Only then did I notice his dark black eyes that kept on looking at mine. 

"Where is she, you bastard!" Someone yelled, loud enough to make me shudder and scream. But before I could do anything reckless, his palm covered my lips as he came nearer, closing the only viewpoint from where I could see the protagonist, frantically searching for his heroine.

He looked at his side and pointed to the guys to go and look at the situation. 

"Are you okay?" His eyes held the warmth they always had reserved just for me. 

"I am… scared," I said in a shaking voice. He looked over me for a second before pulling my head against his chest. I could hear his heart beating at a faster pace than mine but his face held the same expression as it always holds.

"It is fine." His slow whisper was enough to break my strongly built resolution to not break down. His arms held me tight as I cried my soul out.

"I told you to run away. Didn't you yourself say that villains are not supposed to have a happy ending?"

"I can't leave you. I… I love you," I said, in between my hiccups, without looking into his eyes.

"Cut." I averted my gaze to the director who seemed quite impressed.

That was long! 

I felt sleepy for some abrupt reason. Well, I always feel that but let's leave that discussion. I sat on the chair, exhausted with these early morning and late night shoots.

"I told you to sleep yesterday but someone was busy spreading her super knowledge." His voice broke my sleepy mood.

"And who told you to listen to my 'super knowledge'?" He rolled his eyes as I stated the fact.

"Then what was I supposed to do? You were so busy babbling that you didn't even notice the time. You know we have a clock at our house. Do use it sometimes." My mouth went wide and I blinked my eyes in awe.

"Really? Is that a thing? See, I never knew," I said, exaggerating my reaction. Like why the hell is he lecturing me when he stayed up too, listening to my blabber?