55- Plans Prospering

Author's POV 

"What the hell is this!" The boss screamed, catching the attention of the whole office.

The Spotlight Horizon had been too quiet for days. So it was obvious that something was about to happen sooner or later. But there was a reason for the sudden outburst of the boss today. 

"Where is Prakash?" Ayushi didn't have to eavesdrop on it anymore. It was quite evident that the boss was looking for him early in the morning. 

The whispering and gossiping crowd gathered around while Ayushi stretched her arms and smirked satisfactorily, seeing him getting worked up. 

From the corner of her eyes, she noticed the team leader advancing towards the boss. His eyes lowered as he bowed before him. "What happened, sir?" 

"Come to my cabin." The boss clenched his teeth before walking inside his cabin while the team leader followed him.

Seeing them leaving, Ayushi stood up immediately and took the files and pen drive towards the cabin. But before she could enter, she tried to listen to their conversations. 

"What is this Prakash up to? He told me that the news of Ishaan's marriage with Priya was confirmed. But here the news of Priya's marriage with Vicky has been released." 

"Yeah... I saw that news. I don't know sir, what's happening?" 

"How is he going to fix this? Ugh... We should have released the news first." 

Ayushi purposely planned on not releasing this story here. After feeling satisfied that her moment had come, she first peeked through the room before knocking on the door. "Sorry Boss. I didn't mean to eavesdrop but can I just say something?" 

He raised his eyebrows before calling her inside. "What is it?"

She took a deep breath in and said, "Boss, I have some news." She presented the pen drive to the boss. "This is a personal interview of the writer of Sherni, 'Ishita Srinivas'... I mean 'Ishita Talwar.' Ishita Srinivas is the name she created for herself." 

"What?" The boss and her team leader overly reacted upon hearing it. "So you mean that mysterious writer?" 

Ayushi nodded her head, feeling extremely proud of herself. "Amazing! This is big!" He yelled in joy. He laughed aloud in happiness but he looked more like a fool to Ayushi. She quietly smiled and gave the team leader a smirk.

"You will get a bonus if this hits big, okay?" 

"Thank you." She bowed sincerely, too happy at the mention of money. 

She was about to leave when she realized that she forgot about the most important thing. She turned around and asked, "Sir, if in future, you need someone to bring you news, I hope you will remember me. Then, see you, sir." Ayushi greeted him and left the room.

The boss once again laughed hysterically. After coming out, she placed her ears near the door. From her eavesdropping skills, she could hear them too well. 

"She is ambitious. We need more people like her." 

"What about Prakash?" She heard the low voice of the team leader as if scared he would lose the commission he would get from the boss for that news. 

"Ah... we can get rid of him now. He already lost the game. Only winners survive here. Anyway, I was thinking of giving Ayushi the promotion next month. So, this is great!" 

After listening to them, a big smile was placed on her face. She pumped her fist in the air and rushed to her place. 

★★★