39 - Lovers under the Moon

Author's POV

"Priya seems to be like the prime suspect now." Ayushi focused on her thoughts while licking the lollipop in her mouth.

"Before that, Why are we having lollipops like kids? It is embarrassing," Pranav said, covering his face as if that would help.

Ayushi looked at him a whole minute before saying,"You have a weird pride. Lollipops are good and anyway, this is the free stuff. You should all the more enjoy it." 

After hearing her, Pranav just laughed out, nodding,"Well, it's actually good." He broke into a smile which weirded out Ayushi but she could only mumble as he licked on the lollipop."Why is my heart beating so fast?" 

She patted her chest just to get rid of weird thoughts. When she looked to her right, she was mesmerised to see Pranav, clad in his workplace suit with a black bag in his hand. It was like she was seeing him in a new light; Fascinated and wondering if he had been this handsome all this time.

"Are you listening?" He waved his hands before Ayushi who snapped out of her thoughts.

"What?" 

"I was saying that if that co-worker of yours is talking to Priya. It's suspicious. #1 She is a celebrity and normally she wouldn't randomly meet reporters in a restaurant, would she? #2 Her character is similar to villains so it's obvious that she may pay him to bring disgrace to Maya's name." 

Ayushi listened to him and all this made sense. Prakash also belongs to the Broadcasting team 2 which is all the more suspicious due to the floating rumours.

She unconsciously turned around to see her ex and her girl having an argument. She quickly hid behind the lamppost nearby, signalling Pranav to join her.

Pranav, at first was confused, but later when he saw them together he too hid behind the lamppost. 

Ayushi looked at Pranav and thought it was the right time to show her skills too. She pulled out Pranav and whispered in his ears,"Play begins." 

She pulled him with her and before Pranav could even blink his eyes, he was right in front of her ex."Hey, you both are still here? Let's eat somewhere together. Today is our official first day of date. Let's celebrate." She shouted with zeal, turning to Pranav, smiling like a love sick.

"Ah… Should we? Then we should. Guys join us." He joined her in her act. He felt a weird connection with her like fate. He had always been telling himself that it was just because Ayushi was acquainted with her little sister. That is why he must care, he should help her. 

He realized lately that he didn't feel the same anymore. Should he say that he is now willing to do anything for her?

★★★

"Why are the items so costly here? Why?" Pranav muttered to himself, scanning through the menu to find a cheaper dish for himself. 

He looked down in his wallet to see the five thousand rupees sticking out of it. His face turned pale and he seriously needed to get out of the uncomfortable atmosphere of the room with Ayushi and her ex trying to throw daggers at each other with their glares. 

"Excuse me," he said, running out of the room. He wasn't able to think straight. He just went to the washroom and pulled out his pockets to see if some more money was there. 

While he was trying his best to get his hands on some more money, Ayushi decided to take a look at the menu. Her eyes stuck out of her sockets at the mere sight of the cost of the items. 

"What is this?" She murmured, hiding her nervous face behind the menu card.

"Is it too much for you? Sorry, we are used to coming here. Nevermind, we will pay for it. You were a special one, you see," her ex, Dhruv smirked with arrogance.