19- Dramatic Auditions

Ajay

I couldn't fall asleep. The whole night I had been thinking about Maya. Such a troublemaker!

My tongue and lips still had the burning sensation. I would prefer to stay away from both chilli powder and Maya. She broke all the rules that she herself made. Of course, she has never been the 'going by rules' type of girl.

The only thing I appreciate is that she likes Cookie a lot. My phone rang on the bed as I dressed up. Another day at the shoot.

" Hello, Ajay. Where are you?" Sarah squealed as soon as I swiped up that green button.

" At home with your Cookie." I patted Cookie and gave her the food.

" Aww... Can you bring her along with you? At the studio? It's been so long." I could imagine her pouting sadly.

I giggled and said, " It's been just four days."

" Four days! That is equal to 96 hours. I can't stay away from her for so long." As she poured out her words, I could relate to her. Cookie is such a cute little puppy that everyone will fall in love with her. And when she had been with Sarah for months now, it was obvious for her to miss Cookie.

" Okay, I will bring her along. And you can take the updates there itself." She chuckled and agreed with that.

" Hey, I was wondering if we can have a little fun together as in you, Ishaan, Maya and me, what say? "

" Sorry but I have a meeting with Ramesh and Rajiv sir and Samyukta ma'am about the film." So, this was the half-truth. I could have joined them but there is a strong reason why I would prefer I don't. Maya. It would be irritating for both of us.

" But... okay fine. I will get Ishaan. Anyways, he is always free." She laughed loudly but soon, I heard Ishaan protesting, who was silent all along, "What did you say? I am free but for your kind information, I have already booked myself for the evening so don't drag me into your party plans. Anyways it becomes too hard to control you after you get drunk. I am not signing up for that."

" True. I agree, Ishaan, " I said while laughing.

" Both of you are the worst. I will talk to Maya. She is way better." She hung up the call. I kept the phone and took Cookie in my arms and said, " My Cookie will come with me today."

★★★

Maya

" Tomorrow is the audition day and I am not even prepared. I am screwed." I frustratingly stomped across the room thinking about my auditions and turned towards Pranav who was yawning.

" Are you even listening?" I asked Pranav.

" So what are you planning to do now? " He asked, sleepily.

I have no idea. I seriously have no idea how to make progress. I even cancelled on Sarah and also had to take work from home for today but nothing is working out. Memorising the lines itself is getting complicated and acting, forget it.

" Do whatever. I am going to bed," Pranav declared and went inside.

" I am going to watch Little Things and dream of cute stuff today. Good luck with your audition preparation." She too left and I could only sit and check the lines and the scene on the paper.

All of a sudden the bell rang and I saw a guy in a helmet and a flower bouquet in his hands. I was shocked and inquired of him and then what he said made my eyes open wide.

" Hello, future wife." The person chuckled inside the helmet and I soon realized he was none other than Ishaan.

My lips parted and I hardly uttered, "I...Ishaan? Y-you?" My mouth and eyes were wide open as I saw Ishaan taking out his helmet and showing his gorgeous countenance.