43- Behind the scenes

Author's Pov

It took her a second to press the send button on her phone. Although it was quite weird to thank Ishaan out of the blue, she just felt that she wasn't doing enough. She was always at the receiving end.

For once, Maya want to be helpful to him. The one for whom she had heart-fluttering feelings for the first time. It was just a tiny crush, nothing more than that but still his support helped her all the way till here. At the very least, she should be grateful to him.

It's awkward at times when a little part of her heart says that he might have feelings for her and she might become the reason for his heartbreak. Maya wants to solve all of this but then again, she thinks that if he never considered her as a romantic option, she might just end up embarrassing herself.

So, after all those overthinking, she decided to go by the flow. She didn't mind the long hard way till the destination was beautiful. The last thing she would want right now is to get tangled in a complex love triangle.

Maya stood by the corner of the terrace, looking down at the ant-size people, huge boardings with the life size pictures of the brand ambassadors and listening to the cacophony of screaming humanity and traffic jams.

She looked at her right side to find Ajay, whistling and twirling his car keys around his fingers. A smile crept on her face as she thought more about him.

There are so many questions on how two haters could possibly fall in love? How can two opposites become close? And how did she and Ajay become we?

Such questions trouble her a lot of times but more than 'How?' She wonders 'When?'

When did we actually fall in love?, she thought

Soon, Maya felt a pair of hands embracing her from the back, sending chills unto her body. Her cheeks flushed when he whispered, "What are you thinking, Miss?"

Maya chuckled and looked back at him to find their bodies close enough and their lips just half an inch away. She turned around and held his hands that were still holding her waist. "Do you remember when we fell in love?"

He loosened his hold and started pondering on her question. He smiled, "What do you think?"

Maya pouted and said, "I don't know. For me, I am just confused. Was it the time when you made food for me?"

He coughed lightly before replying, "So it is true that women like men who can cook? Damn, I should do that every day then."

She laughed at his cute remark. "Of course, girls love a man who can cook. That is the secret mantra to a woman's heart. But you should only do that for this woman right here." Maya smiled widely.

"I was thinking if I should do that. Maybe, she will be impressed." Ajay smirked.

"Who? It better be me." Maya raised her eyebrows.

"It is you." She stared at him for a long minute before turning her reddened face away. Shit, he always speaks like that.

"By the way, you can open the mask now." The sky looked bright with no clouds around. Maya looked around to see no one.

Finally, I will get rid of this mask.

She thought it would be great to remove the mask but she never imagined it could get her so nervous.

He came closer and whispered, "Can you close your eyes for a bit?"

"Why?"

"Please," he begged me and she couldn't help but do as he said.